Rr 2

Isis

She was staying around here a lot more, lately.

This was at least her third night sleeping over and the other side of the bed was vacant, mostly because Asa was either back on the couch or in the second room catering to her.

It was weird waking up at two in the morning and not having someone to talk to, and just a few months ago I would've thought it was normal.

It's not even just that, but brushing my teeth by myself. Eating breakfast by myself.. it was lonely.

Turns out, she got sun poisoning and now she was stuck inside the house with us, crying about her peeling, itchy, skin.

Her act also switched when she realized that she and I would be sharing company. That whole attitude she had over the phone was non-existent to her.

Just this morning, she tried to be buddy-buddy with me, offering to make me breakfast and saying how she felt like we needed a girls night out.

Apparently, she wanted to invite Princess and Sonya, too. As far as I know, she wasn't their cup of tea and neither mine.

Her offer was declined, but not for that reason. I didn't trust her because of Abraham, and the fact that they're related just told me enough.

"UGH!" I fussed to myself, flipping my sheets over, after a brief nap.

I pulled out my new phone, scrolling through some notifications before letting it rest at the end of my thigh.

Princess confessed that she wanted to know where her parents were. I guess she wanted the little Einstines, what she'd like to call us, to help reunite her and her family.

I thought it was sweet that she was digging into her childhood, but Sonya thought otherwise. She felt like Princess would be disappointed and hurt in the long run.

After that, I changed my mind realizing everyone doesn't get a fairytale ending.

I'm still working on mine.

I shook a little, after hearing a knock and seeing the door open right after.

A smile crept on my face, though I tried to simmer it down.

"Get dressed, i'm about to take you somewhere," Asa spoke, his hand sliding the back of his neck, before the door fully opened with Sophia at his side.

"Where we going?" She asked, bubbly yet intrigued that he asked me without involving her. "Hm?"

"I can't really say, just know it's important." He picked her hand up, scanning the new inflammation that formed bumps and scars. "You should stay inside.. away from the sun, yea?"

"Don't be silly," She laughed, snatching her hand, "I can always carry an umbrella."

He nodded before averting his attention back over to me, and we promptly locked eyes before I dropped mine, sliding my feet into some slides so I can prepare for wherever he had us planning to go.

Sophia turned on her heels, disappearing to the bathroom so she could change her clothes to what she'd assumed to be appropriate.

Asa eventually left too before returning with a flat box in his hands.

I barely had time to finish pulling my shirt down, but once he stepped foot in, my stomach was covered with the cotton fabric. "What's that?"

"It's for you." He held it out as I dragged my foot into my sock, nearly tripping over while trying to hold my balance.