Part III

Isis

Isis

It was three forty-seven in the morning and I couldn't get myself to leave the bed, out of fear of leaving on my own.

I hadn't slept, staying up the whole night thinking of different scenarios i'd follow to not only leave Asa's side, but meet with my sister.

I stared at the darkness surrounding the room, feeling the panic scurry over my body. Everything tingled for the wrong reasons.

The pit of my stomach was telling me to stay in bed, even forcing me to gag up at the thought of meeting her without telling Asa.

The lie was easy to swallow for the first few days, but for a week, and days following that week, It became unbearable to contain.

Asa's armed moved itself from me, trailing after him as he turned on his side to free himself from how hot he was getting.

On the other hand, I'd grown cold feeling the air of his portable blower fan replace the touch he had.

I gave it a few more minutes of self-conciliation before forcing my legs to turn over and planting my feet onto the ground.

My breath had clung, slowing down so Asa couldn't hear me. I even swayed my head back a few times, making sure the fan was occupying his face.

It was then, I made my move and escaped the room without being caught. Even the door, I managed to close without a creek in hearing.

Sliding out my laptop, I traced over the address, once more, trying to memorize it so the device could stay put as I left.

Yasmin had already texted me, two hours prior, asking if I was ready and showing up.

I responded as quickly as I could, knowing not to test my own luck.

"Camera activation.. on," I spoke lowly, reading over the signals displayed on my screen before it vanished.

I cut the camera off, assuming i'd accidentally activated in when responding to Yasmin.

Slamming the lid of the laptop, I grabbed my change of clothes, which were stuffed in the pantry behind dozens of canned food.

"I'm really doing this..." My voice fell adenoidal and that fear was catching up to me with every cloth slapped onto my body.

And that was it..

That was that..

It was time to go.

"Lord, I don't usually pray but, please protect me." I toyed with Asa's cross necklace, which was now around mine.

I didn't know what to expect, and this feeling I had in my airways were screaming at me to stop.

My brain was telling me to turn back, go to bed, and forget this even happened.

But my heart.. my heart was telling me to go see my sister, reunite with her, love and enjoy the time spent because you only have one.