Kk

Isis

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME!" I shouted loudly as my fist banged against the spring door that separated me and Jonah

A couple of his friends took a glimpse through the glass to see who was yelling and when they realized it was me, it led to a domino affect of laugher.

Even Jonah joined in on their parade, rubbing the residue of the blunt off of his lips before he could repeat what he told me earlier. "Who the fuck are you, again?"

"Really, Jonah?" I let my fist drop and my lip turn up, admitting defeat.

I came here at my worst! Didn't even get the chance to brush my teeth or shower because of how bad this situation was replaying in my head.

Here I was, now a few months pregnant, wearing the heaviest set of clothes that I owned to hide it from everyone who already knew. And honestly, I was ashamed.

"What you want me to do?" He gave the big nigga act a break and opened the door for me. "You keep buggin' me not knowing what i've been doing for us."

"Nigga, ain't no US!" I wiped my knees off, shocked that he skipped over what I just said and how he treated me.

"But it is, Ice." He pulled me in and pointed his finger at the interior of the house where there was nothing but pure cocaine being cooked, shaped, wrapped, and tossed.

Behind all the powdered tables were men and women who had black masks covering their faces. Some even has goggles to protect their eyes.

"W-what is this?" I took a few steps back, feeling a bit tempted, even though powder and injections weren't my thing - I found myself a bit interested at times.

Jonah's mouth formed into a smile and he gathered me into his arms, giving a tight hug. "Ice, I would neva' just take shit from you without making sure you was secured. All this that you see back there, that's for us.."

I turned in his grasp, not yet returning the gesture. "I still don't get it.."

A little huff came from him, but he took this as a moment to explain. "I was saving money up and just needed a lil' more so I can start this business. Once we start selling, the cash bout' to be flowing in. When that do happen, you don't gotta worry about that stupid ass job you got and you can break shit off with that lame nigga, Keshawn."