Gg 2

Asaad - Asa

Sirens blared loudly in the midst of the night sky, followed by blue and red lights that surrounded the crime scene.

Officers were questioning as many suspects and victims they could acquire, but It was hard for them to pull names of perpetrators due to the amount of people who scattered the moment it was announced that law enforcement arrived.

My team eventually learned that there were more than just prostituted women in the building, but there were also 'missing' foster kids that were said to have ran away about a year ago.

Very few people were actually caught. Just a couple of elders, or those who were still under anesthesia because they were undergoing surgery. Nine times out of ten, they're probably laid in those medical beds - dead.

The only thing that really frustrated me was the fact that the person who was behind this happened to be one of the first to escape.

By the looks of Quez's face, Sophia, and the others, I could tell they felt the same. It also didn't help that when we first showed up to Charles original workplace, he was gone and everything that connected him to the girls were too.

"You okay?" I kept asking, every time I glimpsed down at Isis, who stood so close to me that we were nearly touching.

She had my jacket weighed on her body and the hoodie was flipped over her head.

I tried coaching myself to stop asking every few seconds, but I couldn't accept 'mhm' as an answer. I needed for her to say out of her mouth that she was fine.

She nodded her head and the lights of the cars reflected on both of our soaking skins.

My legs were drenched in mucky, dirt water from the lake, but Isis had it worse - especially because she struggled to get back over once I found her.

Everything about this moment was unreal to me. It was so conflicting to the point that i'd just stare at her, shocked that she was even here.

It seemed that all the hate and dislike that was formed against her from our past had disappeared the instant we met eyes.

I had so many questions, just looking at her and her appearance. One thing about Isis, she never lacked in the face, but it was obvious that there were changes.

I wanted to ask about the baby. The last time we even spoke, she was pregnant.

I wanted to know what she named her daughter.

I wanted to ask about the bruises on her arms and legs.

I wanted to ask about the covered black eye.

I wanted to ask about the immense weight loss.

And the new tattoo she has on her thigh.

And the one of her wrist too.

But I wanted to go about it the right way. I didn't wanna approach her as a detective, I wanted to approach her as someone who cared because I did.

It hurt a lot to see her like this and after a few months of her living with me I learned a lot about  the shit she had to go through.

"Man..." I swallowed, taking in the moment and the fact that this was real. I couldn't help but pull her shivering body onto mine and giving her a needed hug.

"Thank you for coming," her low, trembling voice spoke with despair.

I tightened the hug and nodded, but I made sure not to get too comfortable in my spot because too many people were watching.