Ss 2

Isis

Though I wasn't speaking to him, Asa paid for me to get my hair done, alongside my nails and anything else I wanted.

I figured these gestures were to get me and him conversing again. I've considered, but every time I saw him, I felt jealousy and a hint of annoyance knowing that Sophia was by his side.

Besides that, the in-person conversation I had with Enrico lingered my mind for days.

Initially, I brushed off his words but then I really started thinking about how much of an idiot I looked seeking someone who only did the same for me indirectly.

It was quite embarrassing, if you ask me. What made it worse was the fact that my stomach criss crossed and dipped when I was around him, regardless of if he was giving me attention or not.

I huffed to myself, lost in space before jumping at the pinch of the needle that stabbed my scalp.

"Sorry, boo!" The hairdresser apologized, popping some bubble gum as she spoke to her co-workers who were also occupied by clients.

I rolled my eyes, believing that she purposefully knitted my head. This was the sixth time she stabbed me.

"I'm getting a sew-in too!" A familiar voice spoke, making entrance in the small salon and then sitting beside me in the next chair.

My eyes shot up, immediately dropping then returning its place when I realized it was Terrika.

"Terrika?"

"Hey, SIS!" She nearly squealed, grabbing onto my free hand and shaking it before fully glaring me over. "I almost didn't recognize you when I walked in! The moment I seen those tattoos I just knew it was my bitch!"

She dropped my hand, looking around for her specific hair-dresser before turning back to me. "She's late again.. but how are you? Why you so quiet?"

"I-I'm just shocked," I admitted, letting my smile grow wider when the realization dawned upon me. "I missed you! How have you been? How's your family? How's your poodle?"

She returned the smile, hers a bit brighter than mine before she sat back, crossing her legs in relaxation. "I've been doing well. I finally found me a man, a rich one to be exact! I got me a good job at the hospital in the next city, whew.. what else?"

She thought to herself, trying to update me as much as she could, and once she was able to remember all that had happened within the past year, she dropped everything on me.

Eventually, the questions turned and I was the one telling her most of what was going on in my life, but not too much because there were a few touchy topics that I didn't want to discuss.

Surprisingly, my baby wasn't one of those hidden topics. Especially after I met her, held her, and just felt her. Nobody could keep my mouth shut about my precious daughter.

"And, how's your love life?" She moved onto her next question, this time a little more chatty since there were fingers planted in her hair.

I grinned, trying to hide how sly it was but she could see on my face that there was something that I was keeping to myself.

"Well?" Her brow jumped up, as she sipped her Stanley cup.

𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐁𝐄𝐃™जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें