Jj

Asaad - Asa

"Sit and don't move

"Sit and don't move." I pointed at the couch, where momma sat with her bag of yarn and knitting materials.

Terrell peaked over the counter, to see who I was speaking to before jumping himself onto his feet. "HEY MOMMA, watchu' doin' here?"

Momma looked up at him and smiled while she twisted her fingers around the cotton, "Asaad wants to spend more time with me. He even bought me a gift for mother's day!"

Terrell scratched his head in confusion before glancing at me. I rolled my eyes gently, knowing that Mother's day wasn't actually until another three months. Momma just kept bugging about it so I got her something so she could feel better.

"Well Happy Mother's day, Momma." Terrell leaned on his crutches, getting low enough to give her a hug.

"Asaad, I need some coffee. Do you have coffee here? You know how I like my dark ground coffee." Momma threw the end of the blanket she was making into the floor as her fingers continued to work.

"Mhm." I let no words come out my mouth the whole time that I went to the kitchen and pulled out a cup.

Terrell was close behind, watching me press the buttons on the coffee machine. "Man what you got momma here fa'?"

"Kesha sick and she can't take care of her so she's with us today." I watched the boiling water mix with the grounds and slowly seep out the dark liquid into a cup.

He pulled out a container of sugar, that we let sit on the cabinets, and sat it beside me. "You couldn't have gotten her ass another nurse assum'? You know she can't be sittin' round' here."

I poured the sugar into the liquid and stirred it before taking my steps back into the living room. "You don't think I know that? She won't let nobody else watch her but Kesha."

For someone who couldn't remember shit, Momma always knew who Kesha was. She also knew that she didn't like anyone else except for Kesha.

When we eventually reached her, she held an appalled expression at Isis, who had blood stains on her gloves.