Tt

Isis

I peeked my head out the doorway to check who was speaking. The voices were low periodically, then grew loud with laughter.

Only Kesha's voice was recognizable because all she did was yap with the highest pitch and nag, like nobodies business.

"Tuh, and he had the audacity to make her breakfast," Kesha pestered while the guy sitting beside her just laughed, as if she cracked a joke.

"You'a lie. I didn't see no damn food on the stove when I got up this morning." The guy stretched his arms out.

"Cause. I. Trashed. It." Kesha made it firm and clear that she didn't give a shit about the gesture. "What I look like letting my man cook and dish for the foster child we have sleeping in OUR home? The moment he walked out, I threw that whole pot in the trash."

The guy shook his head, a little frightened but impressed by her actions. "You never change, Kesha."

She curled her lip up, giving him a stank face. "What's that supposed to mean?

He shrugged his shoulders as if he didn't know why he said what he said. "You being jealous is what almost killed Bianca, you don't remember hitting her with a car JUST because she invited Asaad to the highscool reunion? Cause I do."

Kesha rolled her eyes, irritated that he was bringing up her past. "This is different, she's different... If you see the way Asa just's..."

She clamped her mouth close, trying to contain the anger that was fuming. "If you see the way Asa just acts when he's around her, then you'd understand."

Now I was the one rolling my eyes, not even hiding the fact that I was listening in on their conversation.

"Such a pussy," I mumbled to myself, which caught the attention of the guy sitting on the couch.

"So this the infamous Isis, huh?" He cooed loudly, lighting the expression on his face before taking a glimpse at Kesha. "Shid, I'd wake my ass up early in the mornin' to cook for that too-"

"King, kiss my ASS!" She hissed, head snagged in his direction and her brows dropped.

"Wheres Asa?" I asked, as I scoped the kitchen for some food to eat. I decided that I needed to take my life serious, especially after last night.

It was the first time I felt the fetus.. the baby.. move. It wasn't just any regular movement either, but I got kicked so hard that I peed myself the moment it happened.

That kick frightened me, but it was also a reminder that I need to feed the thing that was keeping me alive.

"You see what the fuck I mean," Kesha started, "No hi, no goodmorning, all she do is ask about my nigga."

I took a long breath before putting on a plastic smile and giving them my attention. "Oh, i'm sorry. Hi! Good morning! Where's Asa?"

The guy's eyes grew, shocked that I'd let that slip my mouth, but honestly, I had it out for Kesha. She'd put me through so much and i'm convinced she's the reason why Jonah popped up and told me off.

I don't appreciate people interfering with my life. Especially not a jealous bitch!

"You better count yo' fuckin' days Isis." Kesha clapped her hands loudly, getting close to my face. "I swear, on everything, the moment you give birth to that baby, Imma whoop yo' ass in that hospital bed."