Qq 2

Asaad - Asa

Something seemed off about the warehouse. Once I came back, there was an eerie vibe that seemed to cover the place.

The workers did their daily tasks, as if nothing had happened and so did the people who resided here for the time being.

Nobody cared to mention the fact that we were raided again, once the FBI decided that it was safe to drop their safety radar.

It happened on my last day of vacation, which was supposed to be three days but extended to five due to an emergency alert at the airport.

The only reason why I knew was because Abraham told me. He even informed that the others didn't want to say much about it because this had been the second time they've found themselves in a similar position and they were told to keep quiet about it so they wouldn't get kicked out.

"Why the hell would you tell them that?" I squinted, rubbing my jaw once he went into detail.

"I didn't want them to overwhelm you. You just got back from vacation, and they were loosing their minds. You should've seen Hampton, earlier! He was screaming and shouting from the top of his lungs.. encouraging everyone else to do the same!"

I sighed, snatching the papers out his hands knowing that he could see the irritation of his actions.

"I-I didn't mean any harm, Asaad. When I took on this role, I wanted to do my best at being a great second hand man and I thought it would help if they were just silent about it."

I read over the papers, which informed me on upcoming bills and payments. I needed an accountant, but I wasn't even sure I could afford a good one.

Don't get me wrong- I made bread, but I also had to spend a lot of it to provide updated materials and necessary adjustments for the people who lived here.

These prices included new phones, the therapy sessions, food, garments, professionals at any level, and medical finances.

"Lemme tell you something, yea?" I flipped to the next page, attempting to calculate all the numbers in my head. "Don't do that shit again."

He stepped back, looking around awkwardly, not knowing how to respond. I figured he was shocked by my tone and I was, too.

I took this shit seriously so my approach was going to be the same. I didn't like how he told them they couldn't react or they'd get kicked out. That type of treatment never sits right with me.

"I'm.. sorry," He spoke, softly, letting his nerves get the best of him.

I just nodded, not paying him any mind because I knew that stress was a factor in how I was currently feeling.

Quez was gone on his vocation. The one he planned for himself before Soph and I left, and I actually needed him.

"Yo, you got someone waitin' in the back room!" One of the workers, Reese called out before peering over at the list.

"Told you we shoulda' been a trap house." He scrolled the pages with his eyes, kissing his teeth. "These too many numbers."

I handed him the papers, proudly. "I'm glad you know yo' numbers, take care of it."

As I made my way to the back room, I could hear Reese's deep voice calling me back.

"Whatchu' mean take care of it? I ain't Bill gates!"

I shrugged from afar before opening the interview room door, just to see La'Darius on the other side.

Immediately, something flung my direction and I was lucky enough to move before a crunch hit the floor.