Xx

Asa - Asaad

Everything's been different in the past 48 hours, everyone was different, even the birds were chirping with a different toon and the trees' were swaying in a different direction. Everything was just.. different.

I tried reaching out to Vaea. Hell, I even spent my whole day looking for that motha fucka' 'cause I knew he was the type to get lost and then sit out in the road, waiting for somebody to get his ass, but there was nothing.

I even tried calling Kesha for consulting, but every call went to voicemail and every message popped up green.

At one point, she had me thinking the way she thinks: she cheating? I wasn't that type of nigga though. If she wanted space, i'd give it to her no question.

As far as Isis, I hadn't really spoken to her, either.  Two nights ago, she stormed in at 4 in the morning, and all I could hear was shuffling in the other room.

When I opened the door to check up on her, she had a couple of belongings stuffed into a trash bag and a few clothes laying on the floor, waiting to be stashed.

Her cheeks grew red with embarrassment, as if she'd done something to me, and I could see sweat surrounding her hairline.

When I asked her what she was packing for, she simply told me her Uncle wanted her to stay with him for a couple of days, and she figured she'd take some things.

A part of me wanted to believe her. Nobody could get away with lying to me. I picked up on signs quickly as I studied her dark eyes.

After a brief moment, I shrugged my shoulders and gave a quick head nod, letting her know that I was done asking questions.

I just got back from Rhonda's and was sitting in my car, with the seat tilted back a bit, seeing that I no longer had a job.

Rhonda wasn't even the one who told me I was fired, it was actually Kilo, and his grimey smile came along with the message. I nearly jabbed at that nigga. Having no reaction wasn't even a question.

My mind lingered to the conversation she and I had before her 'man' broke the bad news.

"King is just the second best option we have," Rhonda croaked, trying to convince me that I was in the wrong.

"Nah." I shook my head, seeing that all our memebers were here, gazing this conversation. "Rhonda if you just wanted to get rid of me, you should've been straight up. It caught me off guard that you couldn't keep it real, knowing i'm one of yo' hardest workers."

Kilo snickered, enjoying his spot on the couch, with Rhonda sitting on his lap. "Lemme tell you somethin' nigga. If you was the hardest worker, you wouldn't be loosing no money. Simple as that."

Rhonda quickly turned her torso and smacked Kilo on the chest, almost as a way to shut him up, but knowing how much he disliked me - he was willing to let the cat out the bag now.

"So he the one touching my money, yeah?" I rolled my tongue, rubbing my hand over my goatee. "And you knew that shit?"

Her silence was testing my patience. It was hard enough seeing Leon, Terrell, and Deja with closed mouths, but it was worse that my closest friend was apart of the reason why my mommas cards were nearly cleared out.