Ww 2

Asaad - Asa

It was about two in the morning. No stars out and silence in the vehicle, which stopped when I pointed at a busted lamp post, assuring LaDarius that's where he was located.

I dreaded this visit, falling ill to the decision I made to help him get Yasmin.

"You ready?" He asked, already outside the car, allowing the cold air to breeze over me through the open door.

"I never am," I sighed, forcing myself out the passenger seat, following his lead to the torn down tent that sat on the sidewalk.

It didn't take long for us to hear his groaning voice shouting 'Who goes there' before his head popped out.

Immediately, his pupils dilated, slowly flaring from my unwanted welcome.

"Get up, you goin' with me." I kept it short, not wanted to converse, but he laughed.

"Well!" He proved him sarcastic, "Well if it isn't my ONLY son, yeah? The one who left me for dead!"

Darius and I shared a look of understanding. It was now, he discovered why I didn't want to involve my father.

"Get up." My expression hardened. This nigga was gonna make sure he'd give me hard fight before dragging himself into my car.

"What do you want from me, Asaad! Have you not taken everything from me already!" He pointed, exposing his over-grown finger nail as he stayed put in his spot, on the ground.

"I'd stay away from him if I were you!" He managed to point his other finger at Darius, with warning. "Asaad cannot be trusted!"

"Look.." Darius tried to grab him, but fell short. "We tryna get you cleaned man. I need a favor and you really the only person who can help us, aight?"

"Get me clean?" He dropped his finger, falling into an unhinged laugh. "I DON'T WANT TO BE CLEAN, YEAH? Leave me alone. Especially you, you bastard!"

It was easy to doze off when he spoke, and that's exactly what I did until hearing that he didn't even want to be clean. "Can't believe mama wasted all her fuckin' years on yo' ungrateful ass."

"Went to school to be a Rehabilitation specialist for what? For you to sit on your ass all day and sniff crack off those long ass nails you got?" He just brought it out of me.

Every time I was near his stupid ass, no matter how much I tried to keep myself together, he was always the one that could bring me out of character.

Now he was up. It took him awhile and he even had to use the land post to help balance him, but eventually he was on his toes.

Surprisingly, his attention wasn't on me. He turned to Darius.

"Let me tell you something, yeah? This bastard of a son that I have brings up the mother HE killed."

I knew where this story was going so my fist balled up.

"He just hates me so much!" He continued, trying not to collapse on his weak legs. "He hated that his mother wanted to spend her last days with me and he was angry, yeah?"

Darius couldn't nod in time, before Ezekiel's mouth opened, once morep.

"This bastard was so angry that he sent Kilo to come kill me, so he could get his mother back!" He grabbed a handful of his hair, feeling the flashbacks of that day. "But Kilo, his aim happened to be off that day, and his shot hit my wife, who was behind me!"

He pulled up the side of his stretched shirt, which was sliding down his shoulder. "You know, it didn't take long for the streets to start talking. I heard.. Kilo ran to Denny with a bloody face, all beat up, begging him for help."