Uu 2

Denny

"I swear this ordeal took longer to complete than I anticipated." Sophia pulled her blonde hairs into a tight bun, exposing the rest of the bruises on her face.

Charles and I stayed seated, gold cups at our hands filled with strong liquor. He and I kept contact and spoke fairly often of the plans we had.

There was a checklist that we marked on daily, and today we hit the board right on the nail, excited about how far along we've come.

"Ordeal?" I questioned. To me, there was nothing troubling about our quest, and as long as she played her part with her mind instead of her heart, then there was nothing to be upset about.

"I don't even wanna talk about it. You saw the video.. he fucked her." She chipped the rest of her nails, astonished that the latina really jumped on her.

"Who cares?" I coughed, well aware that Isis was connected to that film.

It was still odd, admitting she was alive and i'd be a liar saying that her living wasn't a threat to my life. It made me fearful in a sense, knowing that maybe there was no way of getting rid of her.

But why?

Why have my plans not succeeded?

"You weren't supposed to fall for the young man, you were supposed to take everything from him. Don't be such a woman, going head first with your emotions, Sophia." The cup touched my lips and I took a fair sip.

Sighing, she tore off her last two nails, so each of they matched the length of the one that was torn from her finger. "Yea, well.. I took everything from him."

"What was that?" My brown jumped with excitement.

"The deal is done." She was finally able to smile, proud that she'd at least get something out of this. "We're ready to move into phase two. The petitions have been signed, he's out the picture."

Charles sat up, a hand on his chest as all his teeth showing with the bright smile he couldn't contain. "You mean to tell me.. I have my people back?"

I chuckled, patting my partners back, feeling just as happy as he. I proved myself valuable in the industry and nothing could beat this. "You have more than just your people back. You have that whole warehouse."

Abraham entered the room, letting his tie loose from the long workday.

He's been doing his job too, entering and speaking to as many people individually as he could.

"We can let Mac know we're back in business." I scratched my bare face, throwing my legs upon the glass table in front of us.

"Indeed," Charles laughed, loudly, prancing to his feet and shuffling as if he weren't a seventy year old suffering from arthritis.

"I thought my day was good, but it just got better!" He explained, snapping his finger. "Especially when I saw my baby. My brown-skin chocolate drop of a Princess. Whew, man! I'll never let her leave my sight again!"

"Even if it means locking her up in that basement all day?" I challenged, not seeing what he saw in the stallion, but if he loved her- well, I loved her.

"Even if it means locking her up in that basement all day," He repeated, agreeing with my statement with no shame. "After all, she is my most prized possession. A strong willed woman, she is."

"I told you Yasmin was of use," I boasted, gassing myself a bit. There was more to come out of her and I was going to make sure my will was done.