Tt 2

Asa - Asaad

"Shit," I grumbled, realizing that I fell asleep in the parking lot, knowing that I was now forty minutes late to work for announcements.

I barely got an hour of sleep in, last night, due to the baby shower and.. Isis.

I had to smear the the smirk off my face at the mere fact that we went a second round, but this time I made her face the mirror, saying how pretty she was until she got that shit through her head.

"Six-forty five." I turned my watch over, reading the time before rushing out my car.

It wasn't until I was near the door that I realized there were more people parked out front than usual.

"Didn't even have time to eat," I groaned, feeling my stomach grumble as I walked straight for the back room, pausing when seeing Sophia's face.

She seemed upset, but immediately sucked up when meeting my eyes. There was nothing but a plastic smile and that made me squint.

I think it was then that I came to the conclusion that I needed to end things with her.

It was a thought I pondered for a while. I'd be wrong to keep her around, especially if I made slip ups like I did last night.

I could promise myself and even her that it would never happen again, but that was lie waiting to be exposed.

"Uh, I need to speak with you." I came straightforwardly, trying to come up with excuses in my head as she studied my face.

"About what?" She asked, a nervous giggle behind her question.

"Privately, yeah?" I licked my dry lips, seeing that the rest of the workers were coming in for their day shift.

"After the morning announcements. You're.. about an hour late and everyone's been waiting. Plus, I have some good news."

There was the fake smile again, which let me know that she was up to something.

One thing about Sophia, she was always ten steps ahead so I was curious what she had set up.

"Alright then." I followed her towards the front, hearing her call out the people before a large group formed ahead of us.

"Good morning everyone," She began, pulling up a slideshow on the back wall so they had physical descriptions of everything she had to say. "We're having some dentists coming in today so if you feel like you need some mouth work done, please sign at the front table."

I blinked hard, feeling myself grow tired again as she moved onto the next slide, explaining the goals for today and the news relating to the gangs in the city.

"You okay, hun?" Mrs. Bailey asked, rubbing my back and watching the uneasiness flare.

"Uh-huh," I hummed, wishing I took the day off, but I cut that shit out immediately when seeing Princesses face on the board.

"Earlier, this morning it was announced that Princess Boward was missing. If any of you have seen her or know any information on her whereabouts, please let us know!"

"Missing?" I asked myself in shock and Mrs. Bailey nodded her head.

"I'm surprised they reported her missing without including Isis."

"What you mean without including Isis?" I woke myself up, scrunching my face.

"Well yea," She spoke confidently, "They walked out of here together. I guess to go talk since they had something planned later on for tonight. From what I heard, Princess had a date and Isis was gonna go with her, but I guess there were a change of plans."