Ii 2

Sonya

I was a bitch

I was a bitch. I've heard it in every latin accent, almost every language, and then from Princess a million times. She was more of a bitch than I.

Sitting in my bunk, I gargled what was left of my water and spat it back into the cup. The workers ordered more toothbrushes, but we were told they wouldn't be in until later in the day.

I was floored, feeling as if this were an advanced version of Charles's hell-hole, which I settled in for about a year before his scheme was busted.

My ears rang as a few spanish girls spoke in the corner. I was always good at pretending I didn't understand, though my face screamed foreign.

All three of them weren't supposed to be here, but blended in with the rest of us, wearing light blankets and having chilling stories of the events that took place about two nights ago.

"Aye, chica!" I let my foot hang from the top bunk and nudged Princess's sleeping face with it.

Within seconds, I could hear her berating squeal followed by a hard blow to my feet.

"Are you fuckin' kiddin' me!" She scurried from her sheets, standing tall so she could yank me off my bed, but I pushed her forehead back and pointed at the small group.

"What?" She snagged, snaking her neck and only returning it. "Now you know damn well I don't speak no Spanish!"

"That's not why I pointed." I watched the long silky hair, of one girls, flow down their her back. "They never came here with us."

"Okay, and?" Princess threw her hands, annoyed that I woke her slumber.

She'd been in the bed for the past two days. Only got up to use the restroom and only ate once, so it was only fair that she was active like the rest of us.

My other foot dropped and I sat on the edge, watching the three take mental notes of everyone in the room ."I didn't see them until after those men ransacked the place."

They walked together, going from one crowed to another, getting as many people as they could.

"They're building bonds," I mumbled, as they made their rounds.

Princess seemed unfazed, per usual. "And what this gotta do with you waking me up!? New bitches come into this place everyday! Homeless bitches, pregnant bitches, drugged out bitches! All types of bitches!"

"But not bitches with branded tattoos on the nape of their necks." I leaned forward so I could see past Princess's fat ass head.

"You paranoid! Go to bed!" She threw my pillow straight into my face and returned at rest.

"Whatever." I swung myself off the top bunk and decided to go searching for Isis. She was probably the only person I could confide in about this, but she was nowhere to be found.