Rr

Jonah

"Jesus, is that you, cuh!" All I could see was flying rainbows and a color changing sky. I jumped on every cloud that was in front of me, trying to touch the light.

The shit was blinding, real blinding, but I was attracted to it like a bug to a bulb. I had to go touch it. "Why you not talkin' mane. Ain't you pose' to swoop me up!?"

I saw a hand reach out, a big bold hand, but there was silence behind it. I knew it was my time, my moment to see the nigga who stood in the light.

I needed to go, no question 'bout it, so I immediately ran over to the nigga, both arms wide as shit to jump into his arms like I was a little baby.

But the closer I got, the more my breath started to deplete. It began to shrink to the point where I was no longer running, but down on my knees, crawling.

"Jesus, you just gone stand there?" I shuddered, my heart beat banging with the little oxygen I had left.

Until it was gone.

My eyes flung open and my nose filled itself with air, inhaling and exhaling so fast that I skipped a few breaths.

"Oh good, you're up!" A heckled woman announced.

When looking at who the voice belonged, it followed Mrs. Withersons, who's finger was pressed down on my oxygen cord.

"Someone really did a number on you." She held her clutch closely, and her tall heels clamped the floor when she made her self visible. "I've let you rest for too long. It's been about a week now?"

I stayed in my position, laid back, just looking at her because there's no way in Hell she woke me up from the best dream of my life.

She could've did that shit after I went to Heaven and got to meet the homies, I was pissed.

"Oh, don't fool yourself, Jonah," She spat, unimpressed, when I unknowingly spoke my thoughts aloud, "Men like you don't go there."

"Mane, what you want from me." I removed my oxygen mask, trying to get use to the movement in my arms and legs, again. I felt weak as shit.

"I want you to get to work. The city is sobering up. People are more aware." She paced the room, slowly, looking at the walls and corners for cameras.

When she came to the conclusion that our conversation would be in secret, she closed the door and faced me.

"You promised me, when I gave you the job, that you would dispense the drugs to the community and the neighborhoods! You are the only one in the city with access to these miracle drugs, thanks to me!"

"I just woke up," I mumbled, feeling pressured like I did the first time I took that deal.

I was only in it for the money. When she told me that i'd get all the sales plus commission for every person who took it, I just had to cop that before anyone else.

It was hard to get my position, but once I had it, I couldn't let it go. Fuck the niggas who got fucked up from it and fuck the bitches who overdosed and died. A bag is a bag.

But like I said, it was hard getting my position. First, I had to switch out everyone's drugs with synthetics.

The niggas that believed in me, knew the amount of money we'd end up getting, helped me to do this. Some were inside men who lowkey disliked Kilo, Keshawn, Rhonda, and other upcoming 'bosses'.