Ll

Asaad - Asa

I stared at my watch, for a brief moment, watching the time run over five minutes, before it shifted to ten, and then  fifteen.

Subtle footprints tapped the floors of Margaret County Jail cells, and behind them was Isis, who looked around, curiously, for a loved one.

It had been almost a full two weeks since I, or anyone else, have heard or seen of her. I was probably the only person who physically went out looking for where she was, then later found out she'd been locked up as a suspect for a kidnapping.

She paced around, still trying to figure who had paid for her ten bands of a bail. Hell, she even walked past me a few times before I called out her name.

"Asa!?" She whisper-yelled in a shocked tone before fleeing to my waist, hugging me as hard as she could.

I just stared at her for a moment, not even sure how to react, but when I saw how comfortable she was, it made my guard ease down enough for me to hug her back.

She held onto me for as long as she could, still surprised that i'm the one who got her out. "When they told me someone paid for my bail. I thought maybe it was Keshawn, or my dad, or Jonah... but not you."

"You thought I wasn't gonna notice the best medical consultant we had wasn't around?" I pulled onto my keys, and her eyes immediately shot down to them. "I figured i'd get you out of here, yea?"

I could see her second guess a thought, as her mouth opened but closed after. It seems she was trying to figure out if this situation was real or not.

She nodded her head, following me out the county doors, and made herself snugged into my car when we got seated. "Can we.. eat?"

"You gotta favorite place?" The vibration of the engine revving up, juddered our seats as a ready for movement. With that, I pressed my foot on the peddle and started our trip.

Isis shrugged her shoulders, scratching the end of her nose. "I don't know. It doesn't matter," She glimmered at everything behind the passenger window, "AND did you know in jail you can't eat as many times as you want? Even as a pregnant woman? AND some people were actually taking food off of my plate!"

"Hell yea," I responded, letting my head rest and my fingers manoiviour the ends of the wheel. "What about Olive garden?"

Her lip jumped up and she shook her head. "No, thank you."

"Texas roadhouse?" I cleared my throat, thinking that she'd agree with that option, but her response was the same. "You just told me it doesn't matter, but when I pull a few places out it's a no."

"It doesn't matter, but it does," she mumbled. "I really don't know where I wanna eat, but I know it's not those places."

I kissed my teeth, almost wishing that I never asked, but I was feeling my own hunger kicking in.

After a few back-and-forths about where we were going to eat, what we liked and didn't like in our foods, she decided on a Mexican restaurant.

"I put you on." I held a faint smile, but concentrated on the numbers on my mothers bank, while Isis was eating her plate.

I had to lock all her accounts, but someone went back in and unlocked all of them. Not only that, there'd been purchases made on separate websites that I couldn't access.