Oo 2

Isis

I was right, he was gone.

When we got back, the front door was wide open and Na'Jour was missing, alongside his favorite toys.

I prayed to God that Darius decided to come back and pick him up, but I knew deep down that wasn't the case.

Why I even left him alone was a question that ruminated for hours. I wasn't thinking, especially after noticing the phone was being tracked.

The last thing on my mind was making sure that someone stayed behind with him. He was so silent and we were so rushed, we forgot he was even home.

"Shit!" I grumbled, smacking my forehead with my hand as the girls trampled each room in search of the boy - for a ninth time.

I went straight to Asa's home phone, just relieved that he was one of few people who actually still had one, and I dialed him up, immediately.

It rung a few times and then the call failed. That didn't stop me from calling 11 more times before the other end was picked up.

It wasn't him.

"Hello, who is this?"

"It's Isis!" I accidentally replied quickly, just happy that someone picked up.

I needed help with this Na'Jour situation and I really didn't know who I could go to. Nobody else's number was saved in my memory besides my parents and my exes.

"Oh," was all Sophia said on the other end before she hummed lightly.

From the brushing sounds and movement in the background, I could tell she was walking away to get more quiet space with the phone.

Once she was able to find an area far enough from human occupation, her voice boomed on the other side of the phone.

"S-STOP CALLING MY NIGGAS PHONE"

"Bitch, YOUR WHAT?" Princess snapped as the phone was on speaker for the others to hear.

Even Sonya paused, gasping to herself and shaking Princesses's shoulder as if she hadn't heard those words slip Soph's mouth.

The other end was silent, but Princess wasn't. She snatched the home phone from my fingers, leaning on the marble counter as a snarl grew on her lips.

"Bitch, YOUR WHAT?" She repeated, but louder with a threatening tone, wanting for Sophia to try and defend herself.

"Uh.." Was all Sophia could manage to breath before we heard beeps on our end.

Princess slammed the phone into its socket, bitterly swaying her hands in the air. "Then she got the audacity to hang up! I use to think Lil miss Repunzel was nice, but she got a mouth on her! Bitches ride black dick and think they the shit!"

"Wow," I mumbled, with the urge to call back but I knew for sure she wasn't going to let it go through, especially after her mistake.

"Maybe, we should call the police," Sonya suggested, giving up like the rest of us as she sat on a stool across from me. Simply rolling herself until dizzy.

I shook my head, thinking of all the consequences of that.

Too many people knew who Na'Jour was. Too many people would question who he was with. Too many people think i'm dead especially because my father would make sure that news was evident.

As far as news goes, I was far behind keepig up with what the city had going on now.

My social media had been vacant for nearly a year, but it didn't bother me because I was a ghost page. Three thousand followers, a profile picture that was so dark - you could barely see my face, and just one highlight but no photos posted.