Zz

Yasmin

We were finally in town, and it was sickening to see how the city, I grew up in was torn to shambles.

The last time I physically stepped in Hemsborrow, was when I got Na'Jour, and now I was here again to get my sister.

It was a risk because Na'Jour had to come along with us. I didn't know anyone who could watch him. I didn't have childhood friends or family that I trusted enough to even drop him off with.

With that being said, I just held onto him with a baggy hoodie over my head and one over his head as well.

"Look who da' fuck it is!"

It took no longer than two seconds of being on Jonah's porch for one of his workers to stick a gun in the middle of Darius's head.

"Nigga you got some audacity popping up hea' knowing that you took half of our shit. I outta' dead you now!" The worker spat, nudging the gun further.

Darius threw his hands up and side eyed me. "I told you I can't be here."

He warned me earlier about how unsafe it was for him to come to the city, knowing that he left with someone else's fortunes. The only reason he was here was because he wanted to make sure I was safe.

"Who that is?" Another worker shouted from inside. It was obvious the others heard the commotion and before we knew it, all of them were peeking their heads out the door.

"Ain't no way.." One mumbled before leading into a loud, envious, chuckle. "Not this nigga. I hope you came back with my pay-day foo'!"

Everyone began speaking over each other, wanting to pull their guns out and share licks with the first guy, whose blick was still on my man's head.

Darius kept his hands up, both palms face forward. "I'm just tryna provide for my family aight? I'll get you yo' money back, fam."

His finger directed towards me and I nodded, letting them know that Na'Jour and I was his.

"Fuck yo' family," The guy spazzed, "You ain't think we got families to feed? I got 15 kids and fo' baby mamas, my nigga!"

Once again, the group started throwing out their business and who they had to provide for. Eventually, someone else pulled their gun out and decided that they wanted in on the action too.

"AYE, AYE, AYE," A familiar voice blared from inside the home, getting louder as it approached the doorway that everyone crowded. "Why everybody out here and not working, huh?"

When Jonah finally revealed himself, his eyes skipped Darius and immediately went to me. "Oh you want me back now?"

I furrowed my brows, unimpressed with his cocky ego. "Excuse me?"

He shimmered down the steps to approach me, but stopped midway when he noticed I wasn't Isis. "YASMIN? I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD?"

"Well I need you to keep thinking that," I insisted, watching his workers drop their attention off Darius when Jonah said my name.

He didn't give Na'Jour a look, which I was grateful for, but his eyes were wandering me. I knew he was in some sort of shock. "Where the fuck you been at? Why you even here?"

"Look..." I skipped over his questions so I could ask my own, "Where's Isis?"

He scoffed, louder than i'd like, before he swayed his hand in my direction, brushing me off. "You a bitch, you know that? You come up here looking for Isis like you give a fuck 'bout her. You never did. You don't got any business asking me 'bout her."