34: I Need You Close

*WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.*

A few days later...

The past few days have been a little tense between me and Jimin. I've been working on my online business and cleaning around the penthouse while he's been locked in his office doing work.

He told me he'd finalized the restraining orders against Jewel and Aiden, but I knew that would just piss them off more. Jimin claimed he was doing it for our protection, along with getting Lucas to be my private bodyguard whenever I wanted to go out alone.

We hadn't had sex these past few days, let alone even kissed. He was so busy with work, that he was barely even acknowledging me. I made us dinner the other night but ordered out the past couple of nights, just so I didn't have to sit in awkwardness with him at the dinner table.

We felt distant, we felt off.

And I didn't know why he was acting so quiet with me these past few days, maybe he was still trying to cope with everything that'd happened with Aiden. I didn't wanna start any fights by asking him about what'd been going on, so I just kept quiet.

We took our showers separately, and he hadn't even been giving me goodnight kisses, he would just say goodnight to me. But I wasn't surprised at his demeanor, that's just how he was. When something bad happened or didn't go his way, he shut down and refused to talk about it...or distanced himself.

Nonetheless, Jimin had promised me that he would come out with me, my mom, and my brother today, to show them around the city a bit. I guess he wanted to make an even better impression on them because I'm sure he'd be going into the office today if I didn't ask him to come with me.

It felt like we were just going through the motions, and it made me confused. I shouldn't be complaining about a few days, but it wasn't like us at all.

After showering and getting ready in a cute summer-style dress, I put my hair in my signature half-up-half-down style, with a light makeup look and cute sandals to match my dress. Jimin was in his usual business casual because he'd been working in his home office most of the day. 

It was around dinner time, but we were gonna take my mom and brother sightseeing a little bit before we took them out to eat.

Reaching the parking garage, Jimin didn't even open the door for me, making me get in myself. I was fully capable of opening my own door, I wasn't that old-school...It just wasn't like him. His distance was really starting to piss me off.