38: So Many Secrets

*WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.*

As I sat down on the toilet, Jimin took the test out of the box and handed it over to me. After peeing on the stick, I closed the cap and set it on the vanity before finishing up and washing my hands.

I could tell Jimin was nervous because he was tapping one foot on the ground, which he rarely did.

Suddenly, he grabbed my hand and nibbled on his bottom lip in nervousness. "Any minute now," he whispers, quickly glancing down at my stomach.

"Yeah," I murmur back, smiling at him.

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!

We both looked down in what seemed like slow motion, to see the words...

PREGNANT

We both gasped at the same time, and I immediately crouched down and let the tears flood out. I legit could not believe it. I wasn't shocked, because of our recent activities, but I really couldn't believe what I was seeing.

God has given me another baby.

Jimin crouched down next to me on the bathroom floor and hugged me while tears streamed down his face too. This was such an emotional moment for us, especially since the loss was still fresh in our lives, and it was our first pregnancy; that was hard for us to go through.

"Baby," he murmurs into my shoulder as we soak tears into each other.

"It's real...there's another one in there," I whimper, looking down at my tummy.

We broke away from our hug and just sat criss-cross on our bathroom rug while holding hands.

"I knew you were...I just knew it," he exclaims, wiping tears off my cheeks with his thumbs.

"How? How could you have ever known?" I ask, sniffling.

"Well...the obvious, but...your mood swings, how your skin is just a little bit more radiant than before...and just something was telling me," he coos, sniffling himself.

"...Just one cycle after losing Bun," I whimper, trying to stop the lump in my throat.

I had so many emotions running through my mind. I was over-the-moon excited that I was able to get pregnant that fast after the loss; just one-period cycle after. It really was a miracle.

But I was also scared.

I was scared that the same thing could happen to this baby, and I didn't wanna think about that. It all hit me like a train, but I just knew that I was beyond thankful to be pregnant again.