1. Choice Is An Illusion

Kim Taehyung

Life is a series of choice, each choice you make will lead you to specific moment in your life. That's what they say and I say it's bullshit. Totally and utterly bullshit. That's an illusion which prior generations give to the coming one to lure them into self guilt for their miseries.

The truth is not all of us have choices. Some of us have no choice of escape from what life throws at us. All we have to do is survive and that's what I've been doing my entire life and I believe this is what I'll be keep doing until I draw my final breath.

I've never had a thought of escape, until this moment. What if I try to escape for once, just once. Will I'll be still surviving or will I be liberated to live my life.

Well, I'll never know until I try. Escaping takes alot of courage, thinking what if I land in worst conditions than I am in right now.

Here I am standing right infront of full length mirror in my wedding attire. Yes, wedding today is my wedding day. The one I never asked for. That's why I am thinking of an escape. You might think I am ungrateful ass thinking like that. Who wouldn't want to marry rich man who claims to love me.

For freedom, I would throw away everything, in a heart beat. Love, marriage, family? I would throw away all of these for my freedom. That's how I am. You might think I am selfish, you won't say that once you know my reasons.

I glanced carefully at the security camera in my suite and inhaled deeply. It's now or never Taehyung. I heard a knock at my door. Suddenly, my heart kept beating erratically in my chest.

"Yes...." I said.

"Mr. Kim you are required to make an entrance in ten minutes." the staff lady informed.

"Yeah, just in a minute." I smiled.

"I'll be waiting outside." she closed the door.

I ran towards the balcony only to find I am standing on twenty floors above the ground. No way, I would jump and survive this height. I don't have good climbing skills either.

I came back in room, I had to have my escape on the way to hall. That's my only option. With sweating palms and fast heart beat, I left the suite.

"This way Mr. Kim, I must say you look stunning. He is a lucky guy." the lady smiled.

"Thankyou..." I glanced on my sweating palms.

"Let's go... You don't wanna make everyone wait." she said and I followed her. I know the hall is located on the 27th floor and 28th being the last has VIP suites. So, I kept following her.

She took a turn around the end of common corridor, that lead towards the lift on the right side of the floor. That's my queue.

"Ummm... Anne..." I clenched my stomach.

"Mr. Kim? Are you okay?" she was worried.

"Yeah... It's just.... Umm... You know the nervousness, I need to use restroom... Can you wait for me here?" I made an apologizing face.

"Mr. Kim, I understand. I am waiting here." she smiled.

I felt bad for deceiving a polite person like her. She is nothing than just being nice to me in past two days. Anyhow, I am selfish, end of the debate.

I took a turn where restroom was supposed to be. I glanced left and right the corridor was empty. Inside of going inside I made my way towards left. Either I can be successful in what I am doing or maybe I get caught and treated worst. In any way, I am not gonna back off.

I kept on going right, to find the lift on the right side of this floor's lobby. Entering the lift I pressed 28th floor. I felt so nervous, the adrenaline rushing through my system, it was the first time I was gonna rebel against the system.

I ran as soon as I exited the lift. First, towards right, the floor was quite. As further I made my way towards the back end of the corridor I heard some voice. So, I hid myself behind the pillar. They sounded like some businessmen discussing some kind of deals and stuff.

After a few minutes all of them parted their ways. So, I came out and tried to find the janitor's room or something like that to hide myself for time being. Because I can't escape the hotel right now. The men from my fiancé's firm are all over the place.

I was running with hazy steps to find my escape. I heard voices from behind, I kept moving forward as I turned my neck to look over my shoulder. There was no one. Before, I could run any further, I collided into something or rather someone.

When I looked slightly above, that man was in the process to swipe his card to open door to his suite. That's when it hit me.

"Sorry that I....." but I cut him off, "Please, please mister help me, I.... They are after me... They are chasing me please help me...." now tears forming in my eyes as if he was my only help.

"I don't know..."

"Please sir please help... That man is a monster please.... I'll do whatever you ask me to... Please save me......" I said still whispering and panting.

He furrowed his eyebrows as if he was trying to take in what I was saying. He was in his late twenties or early thirties I must say. Wearing a designer suit. Thome Bowne perhaps.

I couldn't make it what he was thinking in those 10 seconds looking at my face. He didn't say anything, only swiped his card to open his suite. He entered inside and left the door open, it was his way to say I can follow in. So, I did.

That's the story of my escape. Was it really an escape or did I land myself into something worst. Well, in that moment I didn't realize. For the time being I was relieved that I am safe. Safe with whoever he is. My guardian angel or my guardian demon, time will tell.

----------------------------------------------

First chapter is here..... How's it?

I am planning to write this book in Character's POV ✨

Love from my side 💜