38. An Offer

Min Yoongi

You know what is the best feeling in world, luring your enemy into trap and witnessing him falling right in it, the way you want it. Sometimes wisest of people can not tell apart from what is real and what is Illusion.

That's the beauty of illusion, it design itself the way other want to witness it or live it. We being human being get ourselves immersed in it and think this is gonna last forever. You know what's better? When the illusion is created by someone else. When someone else is holding your strings.

You have heard of that theoretical term used often, "Survival of the fittest." In this game of survival some harmless creatures also got killed and manipulated. In order to get big fish you gotta bait smaller one. My sister was also innocent one, she met with this fate, now someone will share the same fate as hers.

As soon as I landed in Korea, I've been trying to reach Seokjin but he isn't picking up. That has never happened he always picks my calls. Even tho I have no feelings for him but I feel like he is my responsibility for some reason.

He and I had been together through each other colored and dark days. So, I somehow feel obligated to check on him. That's why I came to his cafe, also I am feeling way too hungry. I have qualified cooks at home but Jin's food hits different.

"Lia... Where is Seokjin." I asked his manager.

"Sir, he went upstairs." I furrowed my eyebrows at her. It's not very likely of Kim Seokjin to take rest in broad daylight leaving his cafe like this.

"Is everything alright? Is he okay... He wasn't picking my calls."

"Yes, he forgot his phone in the kitchen. He is fine he had some company."

"Company? Who?"

"I am sorry sir. I don't know but that man is a regular here."

"Okay alright." The sense of responsibility again kicked in and I panicked a little if he was in right hands.

I made my way to his apartment upstairs, numerous times I have told him to live at some place nice. I even offered him my mansion but his pride is too high and he always tells me he is no kid. Well he isn't we are just one year apart but still I feel like his elder brother by atleast ten years.

I pushed the bell button and waited. It took him a considerable amount of time to open the door. I wondered what he was doing inside.

"Yoongi...." It sounded more like I was the last person he wanted to see right now.

"Are you okay? What took you so long to open this door. Well, I am tired I need coffee." I tried to barge in but he suddenly came out closing door behind him. His face was still colorless as if I caught him red handed doing something behind my back.

"I am out of coffee let's go to downstairs." he quickly said leading the way.

"I am tired, I want to rest." I said to know if he'd tell me the real reason.

"Min my home is ain't a passenger hotel that everyone wants to rest here, you have a whole ass mansion so don't piss me off."

We came to his shop with me following him. "And why are you back already, weren't you scheduled to return tomorrow." he said mixing coffee aggressively. Well, that's new before this he always asked me if my trip was good or not.

"Yes I have a few important things to take care of before annual gala which is a day after tomorrow." I told him.

"Didn't you get the deal already you were fussing about...."