65. Normal Family Dinner

Kim Taehyung

This was my story, story of being wronged and choosing a path of revenge. It took me years to get back at the one who did me wrong. Who forced me to lose my innocence. Few months back, nothing to me mattered infront of my drive for revenge. I faked my wedding and the facade of running away only to target Jeon Jungkook, my way to revenge.

They say revenge and justice brings you peace. Jeon Jayhun who turned my life upside down was now behind the bars. Why is that I can't find peace? Why is that I feel incomplete? I thought it would bring me some kind of peace but it didn't. I feel more restless now.

There were some moments when I experienced how peace feels like. How it feels like when you have someone and I guess that's all. That's how much of it I deserve. It would sound funny if I say that every morning my eyes find one particular person and every night my hearts yearn for one particular person.

How does a man who never believed in marriage or family, turned out like this. Love is weird isn't it and I don't know when it happened to me. All I know is it did happen to me and it happened to me brutally. I don't blame him, anyone who was at place would've done same to me.

I am blessed to have Seokjin and Yoongi hyung with me but he is alone. This thought makes me hate myself. I wish for a few moments I could see him again or ask him how he has been. But I am afraid I can't, maybe this is my punishment for breaking and using an innocent heart.

I stared at the papers in my lap blankly, divorce papers that he sent me, already signed by him. However, still I don't have courage to sign them. I know this is unfair to him but I don't have it in me to sign them. The thing that hurts me most is that he didn't take anything back, just a divorce.

I looked at the wedding ring in my finger, remembering the moment when he proposed me and we got married. A lone tear escaped my eye, if I didn't had the baggage of my past then it would've been perfect fairytale.

"Taehyung.... It's dinner time. Hoseok and Aerum are here also." Seokjin knocked at door.

I immediately wiped my tears, they know how I am these days. All of them have been really supportive taking care of my needs and meals. I don't want to be a cry baby anymore. They have done alot for me. I fixed myself a bit, getting out of the room.

Areum is in last year of her high school, next year she will be starting her college. She is brilliant in her studies. Two years ago when we celebrated Areum's sixteenth birthday, I invited Hoseok too. Well and year later I got to know that both of them were exchanging texts and Hoseok sending her gifts.

When I confronted Hoseok he got scared because he really liked my sister. I know Hoseok is a good person and he will keep my sister happy. So, I told him it's okay to date her but no funny business until marriage. I know they won't listen.

"Oppa... I missed you." Aerum ran into my arms and I hugged her.

"I missed you too..." I patted her hair and kissed on the top of her head and shaking hands with Hoseok.

"I asked Hoseok oppa so many times to meet you but he said you are busy with your job. Even Yoongi hyung didn't come to meet me." she pouted.

"I am sorry Aera.... I was busy... Can't explain for Yoongi hyung." I smiled.

"Yahhh I was busy too, but I sent you stuff every week." Yoongi said.

"It's okay I forgive you both and Thankyou Seokjin hyung for always sending me cupcakes." she ran and hugged Seokjin.

"Hmm... I thought you forgot your old man because now all you see is your Hoseok hyung." Seokjin said dramatically and Hoseok shyed away.

"Old and you? This is blasphemy jinnie hyung." Aerum gasped.