62. Crumbs Of Past-I

Jeon Namjoon

Sitting in the dark room, I recalled whole of my life. There are some moments in your life that make you question your life choices all together. I don't know if choice is an illusion or not but courage is real. I wonder if I had some courage in the past, things would have been different.

I saw Seokjin's painful eyes, when I got arrested. In shred of those moments I tried to find something in his eyes but I couldn't find them. Hate, I couldn't find hate for me in his eyes.

I sighed looking down at my cuffed hands, waiting to be interrogated. I have nothing to say in my defense. I am no innocent. I am a liar, manipulator, coward. I am doomed but still I remember that day as clear as day, when I had a chance to come out innocent but I was too coward to do it and now it's too late.

------------------Flashback Starts -------------

Five Years ago

Third Person Pov

Namjoon woke up to a message on his phone. "Meet me in Hotel Four Seasons, room no. 632." He furrowed his eyesbrows seeing the name of the sender he wasn't expecting anything like that.

However, he got ready and reached at the mentioned venue on time. He rang the bell of hotel room. A few seconds later the door was opened.

"I never thought of hearing from you again." Namjoon chuckled.

"Come on in." the lady said.

Namjoon followed her in to the room, closing door behind him.

"Don't tell me, you missed me after that night." Namjoon said standing in the center of sitting area.

"No, I wanted to talk to you." The lady said with serious expression.

"What happened Iseul, are you okay?" Namjoon sounded concerned.

"Here." Iseul handed him a paper.

Namjoon took it still looking at Iseul. He unfolded the paper taking it out of envelop. "You are.... You are pregnant." Namjoon felt jealous a bit, his expression telling everything as he looked as Iseul.

"Why are you telling me this, tell Jungkook, he would be happy knowing this."

"Because you are the father." Iseul broke reality on Namjoon.

"W-hat......" Namjoon couldn't believe.

"Jungkook haven't touched me in two months due to marriage. So, I wasn't on my birth control. I was drunk that night when we... You know...." Iseul said.

Namjoon looked at her, trying to process the information. After few milli seconds his lips broke into a full impact beautiful smile."Really Iseul, I am so happy..... I am going to be a father." Namjoon marched forward to hug Iseul.

Before he could do that Iseul stepped back. Truth to be told Namjoon always found himself attracted towards Iseul. Although that night was a mistake between them, Iseul was drunk at a business party and was frustrated that Jungkook doesn't love her the way he used to. Namjoon was there, he gave her a shoulder to cry on, one thing led to another. Both of them were drunk, not caring for anything in the world. Now, this was the result.

"No......"

"What no?" Namjoon was still on ninth cloud.

"This can't happen. You can't own this child. I am about to marry Jungkook in 25 days."