23. First Day In Office

Kim Taehyung

I looked at him, while fixing his tie. Now, this has been our daily practice. I help him getting ready in the morning. Within a month we have become so close as if we were together from years. I didn't notice that my hands were shaking a bit until he held on to them.

"Taehyung are you okay?"

"I am nervous hyung...." I said, that was true although I made it fair and square through my interview but I did not want to disappoint him.

"I'll be there and I know you got this and I bet you will make all of them impressed with your hidden potential. You just need to believe in yourself  Tae. All that happened was in past. Today is the new and new beginning. Just don't think about it too much." he said pecking my forehead.

"Thankyou Hyung for the pep talk I really needed it. Can you wait for me I need to change?" I said stepping back.

"Yeah go on, I am waiting." he smirked.

"Outside hyung. Can you wait outside?" I chuckled.

"I was kidding, I'll be waiting outside." he smiled shutting the door behind him.

I waited for his steps to go away, "Hello." I said.

"How are you Taehyung?" the voice from other side said.

-------------------------------------------------

"You are appointed as Junior Business Data Analyst, in Data Analysis Department which is on the same floor but in opposite wing. If you want then I can manage a cabin for you at my side of the wing?" Jungkook questioned looking at me as we reached his office.

"No hyung, I don't want any special favours, I'll be okay working in my department and with my other fellows." I smiled, I really wanted it to be a normal experience for me.

"That's good then. If you want any help or miss me, you know where to find me." He smirked and I hit his chest, "Hyung...." he kissed me before I could protest more.

The door got opened without a knock and I immediately stepped back and Jungkook tsked, "Oh woahhh..... My eyes, my eyes.... What in the name of Lord was happening here early morning." Hyunjin barged in.

I liked the guy, he was always energetic and I guess he is Jungkook's biggest support system, now given that I'll replace him soon. I didn't mean it in a negativity way. I smiled at my thoughts.

"Hyunjin, now onwards make habit to knock." Jungkook glared in his direction.

"Yeah sure, we are getting late for sight seeing Jungkook, we must leave now."

"Hyunjin ask someone from Taehyung's department to escort him there. Then we will leave." Jungkook smiled at me.

"I did already. One of their representatives will be here shortly now let's go."

Jungkook and Hyunjin left immediately. I looked around his huge office. Rich people have such a luxurious work places. They don't have to sweat whole day in the sun just to put enough bread on their tables in the dinner.

They don't have to stress on how they are going to manage their kids school and health. They don't know the struggles of a poor man like me. What have I endured to get myself to stand here in a office like this; where if you walk with white socks, there will be speck of dust on them.

The things I have suffered in my childhood to have a bare minimum. Whether it was love, emotions or education. I have struggled hard to get those, which privileged people think as basics of life.

I have seen the panic in eyes when someone fell ill and think of it as a extra expenditure, when they can't afford dinner one time. I've seen how hard it is to fight illness in poverty, that if someone give an illusional escape, it would feel like reality and you'll grab it instantly. Without thinking of the consequences.