9. Souvenir Of The Darkness

Min Yoongi

Sacrifice by The Weeknd Playing~

I don't wanna sacrifice
For your love, I try
I don't wanna sacrifice
But I love my time

The ultimate dream of every man is to be untouchable. Everyone of us wants to stay on the top of the pyramid and the one who reaches the top becomes ruthless. Then the basic humanity with them depletes, unleashing their true monstrous nature. Once they taste blood they become ruthless, it then turns into obsession and they don't see rationally anymore.

But the truth is no one is really untouchable, the one on the top always live in this illusion that they are above all when they are not. I realized this five years ago, when I lost someone so dear to me. Someone from whom I lived. Someone who lighted up my world with just one smile. Someone who was my only blood relation in this cold world. The world where no one is loyal to me, she was an exception.

After losing her, I realized no one is really untouchable. I was living in an illusion and so is everyone. I tried hard to find her killers, till this day I am trying but there are only dead ends. You what that the real pain is? When you know the truth but you don't have an evidence to prove it. So all you can do is try and wait. Even a resourceful person as myself becomess powerless.

The society in which I belong demands perfection and to suvive in it you have to be perfect. A single rash move can lead you to loose millions along with your reputation and all I care is my reputation.
Call me selfish or self absorbed but this is how I am.

I am not a admirer of labels when it comes to relationships. All my life I have been a man of fuck and discard philosophy. Never once in my life I felt a reason of attachment. However, I keep what I like as my possession or as a souvenir and all possessions are not for public display. Likewise all souvenirs are not to be proud of.

Some of them are the symbol of your darkness that lies within. That should stay hidden and not be displayed infront of everyone. You know what happens if you display that darkness of yours publicly? People throw stones at you, so it is better to keep it locked away.

That's what Jimin is for me, a souvenir of my inner darkness. The darkness that should be kept hidden, if people found it out, they would throw stones at me which will cause me my reputation. A what's a man without reputation even if it is hollow just for display. Atleast it is there for everyone to see.

My pride is to high to know that someone else touches or sees him besides me. To know that he pleases someone else beside me. To know that he satisfies someone who is not me. I can't stand the thought of it. So, I'll do everything to keep him as hidden possession whom only I can touch and see.

"Felix it better be a good news this time." I said looking in the direction of my secretary who just entered in my office.

"Yes, sir.... Our resources got a tip." He said.

"Where is he, because he not in Seoul?"

"Sir, he is with Jeon Jungkook, through tips the better bet is he is currently with him on their Island because Mr. Jeon is there. Um...and we lost the deal with French company to him. Now, they are collaborating with Jeon Group of Companies for launching their store in Korea. "

I laughed loudly hearing the news,"The Jeon kid is getting better I see."

"Sir, umm... Do you want me to send someone to tail him? The boy?"

"No....... There is no need. He is exactly where he is needed right now." I smirked.

"So you will let him go this easily?" Felix raised an eyebrow, I know it's hard for him to believe because I don't let go anyone easily.

"Have you ever played chess Felix?" I asked.

"Yes sir...."

"Then you know the principal of giving a little for luring someone to lose something bigger? I am just losing that little." I smiled.

"Yes sir, I get it."

"Just don't do anything. Keep an eye on that boy from afar. Let me know if anything significant happens."

"Yes sir."

"What is the status of shipment that is scheduled to come this evening."

"Yes sir... The team from recourses depart has been sent to receive the shipment."

"Double the offer that Jeon are offering to secure that shipment. So, they won't see it coming."

"Sir, if we can get it like that why didn't you do it last time when we lost shipment from Chinese company to Jeon."

"That deal was made by Jungkook..... This one is made by Namjoon, I can't let him enjoy his success now can I? You know the reason." I looked at Felix.

"I'll do that sir. I let resource department know this."

"One more thing, in evening go to my penthouse and check on Jimin. Don't tell him I sent you."

"Sir.... Yes sir I will....." he said. I know he has questions but he will not dare to ask me.

"Ask him if he needs anything."

"Yes sir." he bowed and left the room.

-----------------------------------------------

Min Yoongi Pov is here 👀

Love from my side 💜