12. Luck

Kim Seokjin

Some people are born to live a normal life. Everything in lives are planned out and go smoothly. That if you would look their life in third person point of view, it would feel like a movie. That's how my life may seem but in reality not everything was like that.

I had my fair share of suffering in life, until I decided to take no more shit and let's just say I got a bit lucky at the hands of life. At the age of fifteen, I came to know that I was bethored, infact I had a fiancé. Wait, I still have a fiancé. At the age of eighteen right after when I finished my high school my parents wanted me to throw out of the house and forced me to marry my fiance.

I cried for days, begging them that I will do a job support them and myself but don't throw me off like that. I don't want to marry someone that I don't love. I pleaded, but it was like their blood turned cold and they didn't hear my pleas. Anyways the day came and men from fiancé came to take me away. I thought it would be definitely an old man so something like that. But to my surprise he was quite young a year older than me.

I must say he has a good heart a really good heart. He let me go, he didn't want to bind me into a marriage that I didn't want. He helped me through my college and he also aided me into opening this cafe.

Being a man of pride, I am giving him his money back each month. He helped me when my own parents turned their back on me. Even tho he was a stranger he could have had his way with me but he didn't. It's been twelve year since the day I met him but he never touched me or humiliated me in anyway.

He told me that I can break off engagement the day I found someone worthy for me. Although it is just a relation on paper but still it makes me feel protected. He has done alot for me but it didn't made me fall in love with him. I guess we are not made for each other.

The bells of my shop chimed bringing me out of my thoughts. There he is the man I was talking about, my so called fiancé. Well, I guess there might be a reason that he gave me visit early this morning.

"Seems like someone didn't sleep whole night." I smiled picking up the cup making his usual.

"Yeah pulled a all nighter." He sounded low.

"You have an army working for you, why you stress yourself so much with your work? Is it again Jeons?" I asked him.

"No, You know being in competition with them never fazes me. It's just.... I have alot on my mind." He sighed massaging his temples.

"Nothing that my coffee can't cure." I smiled placing a mug of my aromatic coffee infront of him.

"Thankyou jinnie." He smiled weakly.

"Wait......... Boy did you fall in love by any chance?" Well, if it's not work then love is the best possible bet.

"You know me well don't you?" he smirked.

"We have been through alot together.... I can see right through your facade."

"Sometimes I think you are the only selfless person in my life Seokjin. Who has always been there for me without getting any benefit."

"You are giving me too much credit. Look around this is all you." I smiled.

"No, this is your hardwork. Please own it."

"You are going off the topic again, Yoongi. Tell me who is it? A man a woman?" I smiled. Yes, Min Yoongi is my so called fiancé.

"A man.......", he sighed.

"Then what's with this long face doesn't he share the same feelings?" I asked.

"That's not the point Seokjin. He...he is different."