48. A Story Untold

Third Person Pov

Note: This chapter contain sensitive content (Child Molestations), read at your own accord.

10 years ago......

Thunder roared across the sky, shattering clouds into pieces everytime causing a thud on the weak hearted people. For some people the rain is blissful but for others it is a curse.

A curse that could strip away everything you have. The curse that would leave you shaking by the end. The curse you don't know what it'll bring for you.

A twelve years old boy stood on a table top looking out by the panes of ventilation windows of basement. Since, the boy opened his eyes he has been living his life in this basement which he calls his home.

A conjusted one bedroom compartment with a little space in the front, burried below the level of ground. Only those windows of ventilation system brought rays of sunlight into that gloomy basement during day. However, in situations like these, those windows become a curse also pouring rain water inside that wretched basement which he calls his home.

His innocent eyes, looked for a hint that clouds would give him when they are going to stop. No matter how much he searched he found no hint. Rain kept on pouring as if clouds unleashed torment on him.

The place he called home was now filled with contaminated water upto half of his calves. He tried to save all his course books and essential item on the highest shelf that was available in his house after wrapping in thick layers of plastic sheet, praying that he won't lose them.

Cloud thundered and a coughing sound at the same time brought him back from his daze. "Appa, Appa what happened."

A man in his late thirties was laying down on the iron framed bed, which has various lose spring dangling below. The boy ran towards the man and handed him a glass of water.

"Appa what happened?" he asked and man coughed again. Little boy's eyes went wide seeing the amount of blood on man's palm after coughing.

The tears started running in the eyes of innocent boy, seeing his world crumble like that. But the pior soul had no idea this was just a beginning of what this night held for him.

"Appa you didn't take your medicines again." he cried, his little hands browsing through the side table which had broken drawer, looking for medicines of his father.

"Oppa oppa.... What happened why are you crying." a little girl, 8 year, wokeup from his slumber.

"Nothing, go back to sleep." the boy said and girl didn't say anything but stood their, looking at the boy with bewildered round eyes.

"Appa you didn't buy your medicines, they are finished." the boy cried.

"I didn't have money, I will buy tomorrow, don't worry yourself and go to sleep bub. You have school in morning." the man said.

Before boy could protest the man coughed again, spitting more droplets of blood.

"Appa I will buy them for you." the poor innocent boy picked the vacant packs of medicines and stuffed into his pockets.

"Look after papa. I will be back." the boy said to the little girl. Picking up the only umbrella they had, the boy rushed out of that gloomy house into the heavy pouring rain.

His wornout shoes were not powerful enough to keep water out. So his little feet were now drenched by stinking water that seeped in. The neighborhood he lived in was also poor same like his fate. Garbage and uneven street around. He tried to hurry, running in heavy rain.