59. Map Of Life

9 years ago....

It was the next day when Seokjin rescued the boy and the girl. Seokjin woke up for his college and prepared his breakfast and some extra for the boy and the girl. He was eating when he heard little feet tapping towards him.

He looked back tot see the boy rubbing his eyes, Seokjin's shirt reaching beyond his knees. Collar to big sliding off this shoulder. Seokjin smiled making a mental note to buy clothes later in the day for poor souls.

"It's early, you should go back to sleep." Seokjin smiled at the boy.

"It feels wierd to sleep on a bed like that." the boy said softly.

"If I ask you something will you answer me?" Seokjin asked and boy nodded.

"Where are your parents?"

The boy bit his lower lip looking at his feet, "They aren't in this world anymore. My father died last year and my mom died a year before that."

"I am sorry..." Seokjin rushed to the boy, bending on his knees to look at his face. "What about your relatives?"

"My aunt took us to her home. She used to beat me and my sister daily. So, I ran away."

"Is she you sister? How old is she?"

"She is nine. Her name is Areum" the boy said.

Seokjin wanted to ask more about, how his parents were like and how they used to live. However, at the moment it wasn't an option. The boy was already passing through a grave trauma. He didn't want to inflict pain on him.

"I am sorry for what happened to you. I can't bring back your parents but I promise as long as I am here, you won't have to starve for food." Seokjin smiled sweetly at the boy.

The boy looked at him and then circled his arms around Seokjin neck, burying his face into his crook and he cried his heart out.

Seokjin engulfed the boy in his warm hug and patted his head," H-Hyung you are an angel......." boy cried hysterically.

"No bub.... I am just a human and trying to act like one."

A few minutes later Seokjin pulled back, "Now Taehyung, please don't worry okay. You have to be strong for you sister."

The boy nodded furiously, "I have prepared breakfast, eat it with your sister okay? I have to go for college. I will return back before lunch. Alright?"

The boy nodded again, "Today is your first day on your job so rest well before that Taehyung." Seokjin said and boy giggled sweetly at him.

"I won't disappoint you hyung." boy said hugging Seokjin back. The elder was relieved a bit that the kid was lowering his walls for him allowing to share his burdens.

In the next few days, Seokjin brought the two of them to doctor for health checkup. Where he found that how hurt Taehyung was, due to constant abuse and lack of care. Thankfully he didn't get any disease. Seokjin couldn't share it with Taehyung, however, he doesn't know how many nights he cried to sleep thinking about the poor boy.

He took care of Taehyung and his sister like his own siblings. From their health to their clothing he took care of everything. Even if he had to cut down on his own needs.

One evening he saw Taehyung washing dishes, just before they were about to close the shop. The boy was really hard working. "Taehyung...."

"Yes Hyung? Do you need help with anything?" he smiled, Seokjin was thankful that the boy was smiling more often now.

"No, I have something to show you...... Come here see this....."

He patted his hands dry and Seokjin handed him a document.