47. Den Of Dragon

Jeon Jungkook

It has been two days since the incident happened, Taehyung was silent the next day. I asked him if he wants to leave mansion and wanna go back to our apartment but he refused. He asked me multiple time that why I am not disgusted by him.

Why would I? Every person has their pasts and we all have done things that we are not proud of. He had no choice but to do it, I can't change his past but I will try my best to give him a better future that he deserves.

Yesterday, that so called Ashley visited me in the office, demanding that I should return Taehyung to her. Her audacity, I inquired about the amount of money Taehyung owed her. I did the necessary paperwork and gave the money she owed to that person whom Taehyung was supposed to marry. I cut all the strings that Taehyung was afraid of and handed those papers to him. It was my promise to him that he is now free no one owns him, not even me.

He didn't belong to me, neither did I own him. I just paid his debt, so that he could be free. So, he could be his own person. For me it is enough that he has my name associated to his, forever.

Luckily the commotion caused by my own brother had no impact on my new partnership with Shawn's. I have to leave for China in night. I don't know how to break this news to Taehyung, given his state. I came home after lunch to talk to Taehyung.

"Tae...." I called him softly, to gain his attention as he was reading his book.

"Hyung, you came home earlier. Are you okay?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yes, I am fine. How you have been? Did you have lunch?" I asked and he nodded his head.

I sat by his side, taking his hand into mine, "You are so brave Taehyung. I am so proud of you." I smiled rubbing his knuckles.

He looked at me, but I couldn't read his eyes, neither he had any facial expression. "Thankyou...." he just said that leaning onto my shoulder and I hugged him side ways. We stayed like this in silence, only thudding of our hearts could be heard.

After few minute passed, "Taehyung, I... I had to leave for China....."

He pulled away, moving his body to face me. "When?"

"Tonight..... It will be good if you go with me....." I said.

He bit his bottom lip, chewing on to my words, "I don't feel like it hyung. Beside I would just be a distraction to you like this."

"You can never be a distraction to me Taehyung..... I would be at peace knowing you are around me." I smiled squeezing his hand.

"I am not in the state to travel or leave home. Please you should go and come back to me soon." he smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am."

"Do you want to live in our apartment till I come back."

He furiously shook he head. "It's more safe here." he said and I nodded my head hugging him again.

-----------------------------------------------------

Kim Taehyung

Jungkook was gone an hour passed. I stood infront of mirror staring at my reflection, have you ever been on a path, which was extremely straight with a single destination. But suddenly it's not. That path seem to be diverge on two ways and you are confused which one you should take.