60. Inauguration (D-day)-I

Kim Taehyung

I was wide awake all night, sleep did not touch my eyes. A million of things passed through my head, my life, my journey, my choices and my miseries. All of those bring me to this certain point.

The day of my mother's death is still as fresh as in my memory, the day when everything went wrong. The day when my fate was doomed. Although, I never had proper shoes, or proper clothes but as long as my parents were alive, a pestering basement felt more like home.

The day my father died, I lost my home. I haven't been home in years. I hope from this day forward, I'll find a home. Or maybe my soul will roam homelessly till the end of my days.

He tilted my head to see the person sleeping behind me, his golden locks falling on his face perfectly. His upper lip little narrow at one end, which makes his smile more beautiful. I might be setting many things right today but I'll be doing one thing wrong very wrong.

When there is a war, innocents like me and him get ruined. That's how it has been since the start of time so how can I change it now? He squirmed a little in his sleep and my fingers moved on their own to remove his golden locks from his forehead.

"Babe, you are awake....." he said in his rough morning voice.

I didn't say anything but stared at him, I might not have the chance again. "What?" he smiled.

I shook my head, "It is an important day for me Taehyung, thank you for making it happen." He smiled kissing the back of my hand. Only if he knows.

I didn't say anything. Because I have nothing to say, "Are you feeling okay my love?" he said kissing my forehead.

"Make love to me Jungkook." this was all I could say in that moment, I am selfish, I want him to hold me one last time.

"Are you sure we have a long day" he chuckled.

"Yes, I am." I said with a straight face. He didn't waste a second and hoovered over me, pinning me down under him.

---------------------------------------------------------

The evening approached sooner than ever. This was the day I prepared for my whole life is here already. I stared at myself one more time, before leaving the walk in closet.

 I stared at myself one more time, before leaving the walk in closet

"Woah.... You look...... You look eatheral my love..." Jungkook said approaching me, "I think I would marry you all over again by the end of the night."

"I wish you will

"I wish you will..." I smiled at him, "Let's go we will be late." I reminded him.

He entangled his fingers in mine as we left the mansion to the store's venue.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The store was filled with celebrities and top class businesses men, talking, laughing on their accord. A single person's outfit tonight was worth more than millions of dollar. All of them were busy in their own world. Bragging about their wealth and thinking how to increase it more.

On the various LEDs my modeling pictures were displayed with other fashion item photography. Many people were admiring them. Some looking at them with awe and some with hate.

I took a sip of champaign from my glass watching Jungkook at distance talking to some of the men. "Night is too young to get drunk." the voice said. The voice so familiar, the voice I listened to while growing up.

"It shouldn't concern you." I smiled.

"Still the feisty one as first day." the person chuckled.

"You remember it huh?" I said.

"How can I not? You didn't set back on showing your hate for me." The person said.

"I didn't hate you, you just seem cold. Opposite to Seokjin hyung."

"Well, I take it as a compliment. Enjoy the night." I turned my head to see Yoongi moving away from me disappearing into the crowd.

I pressed the button on my Bluetooth, "What's the news?"

"Everything is under control." the voice said.

"Alright Hoseok we are counting on you."

"The evidences will be played live over the news channels and screens in here. Wait......is that... Namjoon is here."

"What? He wasn't on the list of guests attending." I said.

"But he is here and that mother fucker won't be with good intention." Hoseok on the other side said. He has been my greater support in all of this along with Yoongi.

We are college friends and know each other from years. I am lucky to have a friend like him who helped me all the way uptil here.

I looked around to see Jungkook coming towards me so I had to stop talking. "Come on Taehyung, it's time to cut the ribbon." he took my hand guiding me. Now, I could see Namjoon talk to some people, his eyes met mine, the expressions he gave me were sour.

That can't happen, Namjoon can't ruin this day for me. Fate can't do this to me. I have waited years and years for it.

"Now the moment we all have been waiting for has come, this store's inauguration will mark a new chapter in the business friendship of the Jeons and Auberts the founders of "Sezane". I would like to call Mr. Jeon Jungkook and Mr. Alis Aubert to do the inauguration ceremony."

The whole hall burst into claps as both of them made their way to the stage. Both of them rolled the curtain up to reveal the store's logo as a gesture to complete inauguration ceremony.

In the crowd, I saw Namjoon looking at me with intense gaze. I made and eye contact and he smirked. I had this ugly feeling inside me instantly. I know he is up to something and I won't give him a chance.

"I would like to invite Mr. Alis Aubert to give his thoughts about the future of this partnership."

The man came to the stage and gave his speech. Then it was Jungkook's turn, he kissed me on the cheek before getting on to the stage.

I brought my hand to my cheek, still warm where his lips touched me. Right now I feel like a worst person.

"Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. I am thankful that you joined us in our new endeavor. It has been a good experience working with the Aubert Group. I hope in future this partnership will flourish taking Korean business community to a whole new level."

Everyone clapped as soon as Jungkook finished his speech. He ascended down the stage, I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply before saying, "Now."

----------------------------------------------------

I wonder what's gonna happen.... 👀

Love from my side 💜