46. The Moment Of Helplessness

Park Jimin

I took a glance around the party venue, with the corner of my eye. I knew that one person bore his eyes on me since the beginning of this commotion. In past days, I tried hard to divert this somehow but this was bound to happen.

I made my way out of mansion, hoping Namjoon will keep his end of deal and this would be the last time I see him. Before I could make it to my car, a firm hold gripped my wrist pulling me in opposite direction. Well, I guess now I have his attention.

He opened the door of his car, I knew what I had to do and there was no escape from it. The only thing I am terrified of is his silence. Which was deafening along the whole ride. I knew it was the calm before the storm.

I followed him silently to his apartment, where he and I had countless memories with his hollow promises along with a dreadful farewell months ago. I thought, I would never step again, but look here I am.

He threw his coat to one side and poured himself a drink. Gulping down in one go, he placed the glass on the counter top, with a loud clink sound.

"Did you enjoy, humiliating me teaming up with my enemy? Going this far to get back at me." I asked with a calm in his voice but I know him well to see the chaos resonating inside his entire being, which he hides behind this calm.

"I called you many times past week, you didn't pi....."

Before I could complete my sentence he marched towards my, extending his arm behind and gripping fist full of my hair, I chocked on my words. My hand automatically curling around his, a failed attempt to plead for letting me go.

"So, you teamed up with my enemy to get back at me, teaming up with Namjoon to play dirty huh? Huh?"

"I....it does not matter, you won't believe me."

"Jimin don't you dare think that you can trap me in your fake pleas."

"That's why I am not pleading, I own what I did." I said with firmness.

"You grew some balls, thinking that you can get back at me like that? You think it would phase me? I don't give two fucks about you Jimin and dirty stunts you pull. Didn't you see, it was already covered? Despite of your pathetic attempt, you and Namjoon failed. Tell me a reason for letting you live." he said jerking my head away.

I stumbled, but I balanced myself. "What's the point of reasoning? You ain't gonna believe me. So, kill me." I smiled. Have I lost my mind? Yes, I have. I am a liability to him. Today, I diverted harm happening to him but I can't. Not always.

"Did Namjoon get you on some high shit that you don't care about your life? Or are you in love with him now. Did he promise getting you out of there or marry you in  exchange for your betrayal?" he roared.

"Why do you care about my arrangement with Namjoon? Rather it be marriages, love or my freedom?" I asked.

"Don't ask me questions fucking tell me already Jimin." he came for my throat pushing me back against wall. His face closer to mine. All I could think was how time changes and how a loving proximity can change into dreadful one.

I thought of the times when he used to kiss me tenderly, showing me that he loved me. I smiled weakly. Then tears came in, rolling of.

"You despise Jeons everytime Min Yoongi, did you see how Jungkook was man enough to stand by Taehyung, to accept him infront of everyone proudly, not caring about anything but the man he loves?" listening to my words, his hold got less tighter.

"Shut the fuck up, before I kill you." he was about to jerk me again, but I held onto his fingers forcing them to curl back on my throat tightly.

"Do it please, do it... Kill me right now. Please kill me Yoongi and end my suffering please." I cried and he looked at me with something blank in his eyes, it wasn't anger or hate, it was....it was pity.