19. Legacy

Jeon Namjoon

Some of us have no purpose in life other than taking on the legacy. Even if we want it or not we have to do it because we are not given anyother choice. From the start people like me are conditioned to think of it as a privilege that they are trusted to carry on the legacy and we keep on going back and forth in that circle.

It's not that I hate it, it's an honor for me. So I am doing it proudly. That's one of the main reason why I didn't go for the position of CEO. Yes, you are right, that company was owned by my grandfather then shouldn't it be my legacy? Well, it's not. It's not the legacy I am talking about.

"Namjoon, I am disappointed in you." my father Jeon Jaehyun spoke.

"I am sorry.... Father." I said looking down.

"You think sorry would cut? You are the strongest of you two and yet Jungkook is doing far better than you are. You stayed for three days out side the country, securing that consignment. Then how the fuck Min stole it right under your nose." He roared sitting across the table.

"I did.... The consignment was mine but that Min offered them good price at the harbors and you know that it was.....um not on papers so I couldn't confront them about the change at last moment."

"Did you forget? Nothing is on the paper but I never once in my life lost any consignment. Why both of you are so slow? I already knew about Jungkook... But atleast is doing well with the company. I did right appointing him the CEO instead of you."

I didn't say anything, I just looked down. The embarrassment was alot for me.

"Where were your men Namjoon when consignment reached the harbor? Where were your men when Min's men offered them a good fucking price." he banged his hands on the table.

"I am sorry father..... It was irresponsible of me thinking that was already mine. I should have sent my men there." I said.

"Now that you know, I think you will use your brain next time. I am clear Namjoon?" his voice echoed in the vacinity.

"Yes......"

"Also, your brother hasn't been home in days. I came to know that out of nowhere he started to living at his penthouse and he told me that he is busy with work so he crashes there instead of coming home."

"I don't know anything about it."

"Hmmm. Why would you? Why don't you do me a favor and see what's going on with him."

"Yes, I will."

"Remember Namjoon, distractions are not good for our company."

"I do clearly."

"I don't want you to repeat the same mistake again." he said with a raised eyebrow.

"No, I will check on him."

"Hm.... That's like a responsible elder brother. Now, you should go."

I bowed infront of him, fixing my suit I left his home office in Jeon's Mansion. Which is famously known as the residence of Jeons. For me it was never a place to call home and I guess it will never be.

---------------------------------------------
It was early in the morning, I thought Jungkook would be at his penthouse. So, I decided to give him a visit and spend some brotherly time. On my way there, my eyes fell on a coffee shop that I was about to pass. I slowed down my car, thinking about it and the man, I encountered that morning few days ago.

I applied brake and reversed my car to stop infront of "Creamy Delights." A little bell on the door made a sound. As I stepped in. The girl at the counter shrinked at her spot as soon as she saw me.