-𝕀𝕀𝕀-

"What do you think, Prongs? Ravenclaw?" smirked a curly black-haired boy with winter-gray eyes, who could be none other than Sirius Black.

"Nah, I'd say she looks like a total Hufflepuff," smirked back James Potter, as he messed up his wild black hair, his forest-green eyes gleaming with mischief.

"How about you, Moony? Prongsy here says she'll be a Puff, I think a Claw. What do you think?"

A honey-brown-eyed boy with dark copper-brown hair and a face covered with a few scars looked up from his book. He glanced towards the first-year his friends were betting on before smirking. "Three chocolate frogs on Slytherin," he said before promptly resuming his reading. The other two snorted and added their chocolate frogs to the pile before looking towards the fourth member of their group.

"Wormy? Your bet?" smirked James.

"Hufflepuff," answered the awkward and lanky, blonde-haired, blue-eyed boy.

"Excellent," James said, beaming. The three boys then turned their heads towards the newest little "firstie" about to be sorted. Remus stopped reading to listen but didn't bother to look up. One minute... two... then the hat finally shouted, "SLYTHERIN!"

"No way! Every time!" grumbled Sirius as he pushed the pile of chocolate frogs towards Remus, who was beaming back smugly. "How do you always guess it right?" mumbled James, just as annoyed yet curious. But before Remus could reply, suddenly the Great Hall doors burst open.

A girl who looked like she had just clawed her way through hell itself stumbled in. She had long wavy black hair with some leaves and twigs sticking out of it, two different colored eyes (the right one blue and the left one green), and she looked very thin as if she hadn't eaten in weeks. She wore a red leather jacket and a black hoodie underneath, as well as dark blue jeans - all of which had clearly been torn in places, here and there. She was also covered in dirt and blood, though he suspected not all of it was hers. The closer she got to James, the more he saw, such as her multitude of scars and wounds, bruises and cuts; she looked like she literally came from the wild. Underneath it all, he suspected she'd be quite beautiful and thought he could just make out a few little freckles on her nose and cheeks.

The girl was holding out her wand as if someone was about to just suddenly jump up and attack her any second, spinning around in circles clearly terrified. Dumbledore slowly made his way towards her with concern written all over his face, but he made the mistake of putting his hand on her shoulder. It happened so fast that if you blinked, you could've missed it. The second he put his hand on her shoulder, Dumbledore was hit with a wave of magic from the girl, which launched him all the way across the Great Hall. Luckily, he landed on his arse; if it were any other circumstance, James probably would have burst into laughter.

"A-am I dead?" He heard her broken voice whisper shakily, a tear wobbling down her cheek. Then her mismatched eyes suddenly rolled back, and she fainted. Everyone was in shock, and the room was completely silent and still. Dumbledore, who had gotten back on his feet, once again slowly approached her, but this time with Madam Pomfrey and Professor McGonagall alongside him. There was a moment of hushed whispering between the three of them as they stood over her unconscious form before Madam Pomfrey conjured a stretcher to put the girl on. She and Dumbledore then promptly left the Great Hall, with the girl on the floating stretcher following along behind them. Professor McGonagall then walked back to the podium and did her best to finish the sorting and get us through the feast, as if none of what had happened had just occurred.

James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter ate their dinners as fast as possible so they could rush up to their dorm. However, Remus was unfortunately a prefect this year and had to stay behind to help Evans with escorting the first years.

ϟϟϟ

James, Sirius, and Peter burst into their dorms and ran straight to James' trunk, where he then began digging through it until he pulled out a blank-looking piece of parchment. He pulled out his wand and pointed it at the parchment before mumbling as fast as he could, "I solemnly swear I'm up to no good." Sirius and Peter crowded around him as they watched a map of the school, with moving names of everyone in the castle, slowly begin to appear on the previously blank parchment. The group all jumped as Remus suddenly came bursting in, causing a startled Peter to fall off the bed. Ignoring that, Remus quickly shut their dorm door and ran to join them, staring at the map as Peter lugged himself back up onto the bed as well.

The four waited with bated breath as the lines for the Hospital Wing came into view, before they all froze at once. For the name listed between "Poppy Pomfrey" and "Albus Dumbledore" was, who could only be the random girl, "Adhara Potter". Sirius, Remus, and Peter looked up at once towards James, who was still staring at her name in shock.

"Think she's a cousin?" questioned Sirius, who couldn't take the silence any longer.

"I don't have any cousins... not any closely related cousins. Certainly not any Potter ones. It's just me, mom, and dad. Dad tried to look for more Potters but there wasn't any..." James trailed off.

"Maybe she's a Muggle-born? Potter isn't an unusual name in the Muggle world," responded Remus.

James just shook his head. He couldn't explain it, but he knew she wasn't a Muggle-born.

"Maybe you have a secret long-lost sister and never knew it," stated Peter.

All three turned their heads, giving Peter the same incredulous expressions, making him shrink in on himself. "Just a thought..." he quietly whispered out in response.

Sirius then pondered over what Peter said before adding, "It could be possible... If your mother gave birth to twins but the baby was taken before she was told. I believe someone once tried to do such a thing in the past with my own family..."

Remus and James then redirected their incredulous looks to Sirius. "What? I'm just saying it's possible... Why don't we just sneak into the Hospital Wing and do some sort of test? I'm sure we could find something in the library."

The three then turned their heads to James, who looked deep in thought. It would be easier to confirm or deny it before ever saying anything to his parents. Plus, what harm could a test do? If it comes back that she's not related to him, well then, she must be a Muggle-born like Remus said. But deep down, something was telling him that it would be otherwise. He thought back to her entrance into the Great Hall; if she was a relative of his... she was clearly in trouble. What could have happened to her? And where has she been all this time? He took a deep breath and after clearing his throat, spoke with the utmost conviction, words that he never thought he'd ever say in his life, "To the library!"