-𝕏𝕏𝕍𝕀-

Ara sat in an old dusty chair, as she decided to use the resurrection stone to summon Death. Most who face him feel nothing but a bone chilling, ice coldness, spread within them. A figure cloaked in nothing but darkness and surrounded by black fog, eliciting a constant fear to spread from within. But to Ara... she felt comfort, warmth and safety. Because they were connected. They were soulmates. Platonically of course, but soulmates nonetheless.

She doesn't know much about his story yet and how she was exactly who she was... but he said he'd tell her everything after she finished paying her price. All she did know, was that he made the Hallows to find her. That anyone who had it before her, would meet an unfortunate end if they tried to keep it for themselves. And that everything that happened wasn't supposed to... Dumbledore had gotten in the way of Ara's original path, he got in the way of several original paths. Played with people's lives, and fates, as if it were all a game that was made for him. Suffice to say, Death was not pleased. And was looking forward to claiming Dumbledore's soul.

He didn't want her to do what she was doing, didn't think they were worth it. Said they didn't deserve her. But she felt differently! So he let her, reluctantly, make a deal. To go back and permanently make a change to the timeline - to change many people's original paths, and return the souls that were already claimed. But it would come at a cost. The undoing of her birth and for her soul to suffer in the shades, for seven centuries - along with the now added decade for what she did for Remus. Even if Lily and James "did" in the off chance, end up together... it would never be her that was born. For there can only ever be, one Adhara. Technically Ara couldn't really die... not her soul at least. But her mortal body on the other hand could, it's why she still has the Horcrux. A clean death. She would have to sacrifice herself again to destroy it. Then her soul would immediately be dragged to the shades afterwards to pay her price. To James, Sirius, Remus and Barty she'd be dead... by the time she finishes paying her price, they'd be long gone.

A black fog slowly began to appear covering the surrounding area, as none other than a cloaked figure of darkness began to form in front of her very eyes. She smiled up at him, sadly. He opened his cloaked arms and she immediately ran into them, fighting to keep her tears at bay. He held her for as long as she needed, as she vented about everything. It just felt so freeing not having to lie, not having to pretend to be someone you weren't, to not have to be strong all the time and bottle everything up. 'You're not forbidden from telling them...' He whispered in his deep, raspy, rattling voice. 'I just - I don't want that light to leave their eyes. I don't want them to ever know what their future could have been.' 'You know... you could use it to your... advantage.' He leaned back and took hold of her face, gently wiping the few stray tears that had fallen down her cheek. 'It could be... a wake up call...to them....especially those Slytherins...'

She lightly chewed on her bottom lip anxiously, as she pondered over what Death suggested. 'But if they knew... they'd possibly try to stop me. Or worse, help! They could get hurt or even die sooner! Then it would all be for nothing, wouldn't it!?' He tilted his head to the side ever so slightly. Even though his face was nothing but darkness, she didn't need to see it to know that he was smiling fondly towards her. 'You're very smart...I'm sure you could...come up with something...to prevent such...situations...' She snorted at that, 'I couldn't even prevent being suspicious, never mind keeping that lot out of trouble. I may tend to do the impossible from time to time, but even that's something I can't do.' He let out a deep, bone chilling laugh in response.

They spent another hour talking to one another as she sorted through her thoughts, before finally coming to a decision. It was just going through with it, that would be the hard part.