-𝕏𝕃𝕀𝕀𝕀-

He was in the graveyard, witnessing the ritual all over again. He had no choice but to watch as Voldemort tortured her repeatedly, but she refused to scream. It was just a dream... he knew it and yet he still couldn't help but beg the monster for him to stop it! Leave her alone! Take me instead! Repeatedly he pleaded in tears on his knees to deafen ears. Then Voldemort spoke the one he was scared to see all over again, the Crucio in parseltongue. Her veins lit up like they were on fire, blood seeped out from her eyes, nose, mouth and ears as she screamed out a name. His name. 'SIIIRRRIIIUS!!!!!!' The scene changed to Remus holding her back from chasing after him as he fell into the veil, still screaming his name! Her magical backlash sent everyone flying back into the wall and the veil crumbled... everything around him went dark. He turned around and found himself in the forest, the Forbidden forest. Adhara was slowly walking past him... to her death. It was the moment she sacrificed herself. Voldemort smiled mockingly 'The girl who lived... Come to die!' They all laughed mockingly at her but she stood there patiently and silent. She looked so.. tired, yet fearless and strong. Voldemort held up his wand and pointed it at her before bellowing the words that shook Sirius to his core, 'Avada Kedavra!' He ran, he tried to stop it from hitting her and yet, it did. There she laid on the forest floor, unmoving, unbreathing, so pale and small... dead.

Sirius woke with a start, drenched in cold sweat and gasping for breath. Once he finally managed to calm himself down, he quietly grabbed his wand to check the time. It was only midnight. He quietly crawled out of bed and slowly made his way down to the common room. It was the same dream he's been having since the night he learned the truth about Ara and saw the memories. When he arrived in the common room, he was surprised to find that he wasn't the only one there. Ara was currently asleep curled up on the couch in front of the dimming fire. He sat down on the floor leaning against the chair next to her head, and quietly observed her. She still struggled making eye contact with him and mostly was only around him if James was there. At first he thought she was just excited to get to know James, which she was but he realized that... there was another reason as well. When she looked at him, it was full of pain and guilt. She blamed herself even though it wasn't her fault. He wanted to reassure her... to make that guilt and pain go away, he just didn't know how. He was never good at things like that.

His gaze lingered onto her scar that rested on her forehead. He still couldn't get rid of that feeling that there was something she wasn't telling them. Tilting his head slightly in thought... a question that had bothered him resurfaced, 'Why was Death letting her change things?' It just didn't make sense to him, he wouldn't just let anyone come back... would he? He felt a slowly rising panic grow inside him at the thought that popped up in his head. Was there a deal? He shook his head trying to rid himself of those thoughts, as he reassured himself that she was here and safe. But another thought popped in his head...about his conversation with Regulus. He said they were waiting to tell her about the diary... because they were waiting for something? What exactly? Sirius couldn't figure it out. What reason would they have to hold off on giving Ara another Horcrux? Can't be any more risky than Grimmauld, and to his immense relief she survived that and returned without a single scratch!

He needed to speak to Regulus again, he had to find out what it was he was keeping secret! With a new found determination, he gently covered Ara in one of the throw blankets and headed back up to his dorm to sleep. He woke up still a little tired but got ready regardless for the day, awkwardly maneuvering around Peter, as he to got ready. Sirius still wasn't ready to go down that train of spiraling thoughts of Peter and his future actions... and clearly James and Remus weren't either. The three of them made their way to the common room, James perking up instantly the second he spotted Ara. 'Morning Ara! Waiting to have breakfast with us?' he asked cheerily. She nodded lightly with a bright smile, which faltered a little when she made eye contact with him and Remus. 'How'd you sleep?' James asked, completely oblivious. 'I slept great. You?' No, you didn't! Sirius thought to himself, tuning out the rest of the conversation as they made their way to the Great Hall. She's got to stop acting like she's okay when she's not...

They took their usual seats and began piling food onto their plates, Sirius secretly scanned the Slytherin table for his brother. When he spotted him he was about to give him the whole "we need to talk" nod, only to have his attention caught by a smiling and... blushing? Barty. Following his line of sight to none other than... an equally blushing Ara! 'Sirius!' Remus snapped his fingers in front of his face, 'Huh?' 'I'm pretty sure the bacon's already dead mate!' Remus whispered to him. Sirius was confused by his comment before looking down and realizing he was stabbing his bacon repeatedly with his fork... Oops! He quickly looked back to his brother giving him the nod before standing up, leaving the group with a quick 'Be right back!' to their utter bewilderment. After a minute he saw Regulus walking past his hiding spot and quickly pulled him towards one of the abandoned classrooms, shooting off privacy spells.

'Bloody hell Sirius! What ever happened to a simple Hello, Good morning or a How are you today?' sassed Regulus. Sirius just pierced him with a glare, before coming straight out with it. 'What are you guys hiding!?' Regulus immediately tensed, 'I don't know what you mean.' 'Reggie! I know you're hiding something... something about Ara! And I want to know what it is, so spill it!' Regulus looked pained for a few seconds as he seemed to be struggling internally with something, 'I can't! And I won't!' 'Reggie!' 'It's not up to me to tell you Sirius! It's up to her!' 'Ah-ha! So you do know something about her! Something... she's told only you guys...?' But Why!? Why wouldn't she tell him? Or James? Or Remus? Why do they get to know and they don't? This time Regulus glared at him, 'She didn't.. exactly tell us... I mean, she told Barty, but we already, pretty much - basically, figured it out!' he mumbled.

Sirius scoffed. Barty! Why is it always Barty!? Stupid junior! His inner grumblings were interrupted, 'Don't tell me you got a thing for her too, now!?' Regulus smirked. 'I do not! I am her godfather! Future godfather? It is entirely natural for me to be overprotective!' he protested. Regulus snorted and raised his left brow, 'You're not her godfather yet! You're the same age now! Remember?' 'Yeah so!?' 'So! I don't think that counts anymore..!' Sirius gasped dramatically 'You take that back! You- you slanderer!' 'No! Because it's true!' Regulus protested. 'Is not!' 'Is too!' 'Is not!' 'Is too!' 'Is too!' yelled Sirius. 'Glad we agree!' responded Regulus with a smirk. Sirius growled at him in annoyance, stupid reverse psycho-thingy never works! Several moments of silence passed, before Sirius finally whispered out sullenly, 'There's a deal... isn't there?' Regulus didn't answer, but he didn't need to. His reaction said it all.

Which left Sirius scared and worried, with the biggest question of all running through his mind. What was it?