-𝕃𝕏𝕀𝕏-

Flashes of her life raced before her eyes - the thrill of casting her first spell, the joy at riding her broom, the warmth of her godfather's embrace, seeing her father for the first time, being with Barty, all those little memories. But now, those moments were twisted and warped, each joyous memory marred by a sinister undertone. As her soul wailed in anguish, the shades of the ones she'd lost gathered like demonic apparitions, their hollow eyes fixed on her with feral grins and taunting laughter echoed all around. Constantly trapped struggling for one last breath of air, only to get none. 'Look what you did!' A sinister voice whispered carried by the wind. 'Do you see now? Do you see what you've done?' Ara tried to respond but her words dissolved into an anguished cry and a pleading gasp for breath. The pain of her ordeal was beyond description, a searing agony that seemed to tear at the very essence of her being. She clutched at her incorporeal form, her fingers passing through the mist like smoke. Another round of taunting laughter echoed around her. Ara flinched at the sound. She listed the names of her loved ones over and over like a mantra in her mind. It helped her to remember them and the path that had led her to this moment - the battles fought, the sacrifices made, her unwavering love for those she did it all for. Ara's vision was all blurry as her continuous tears mingled with the swirling mist around her as the agony persisted. She didn't know how long she's been in the shades for, it somehow felt simultaneously like she just arrived or has been there for an eternity.

----------------------------------------------------

'Dad! Our letters arrived!' Sirius called from the bottom of the stairs of Grimmauld. 'Maybe he's in his study again?' Regulus mumbled, standing beside him. They quickly exchanged looks before slowly making their way up the stairs. 'Think he's staring at the calendar again?' Sirius mumbled. 'Probably, I wish he would tell us why.' They lightly knocked on the door, before opening it to find their father sitting in his armchair in front of the fireplace, calendar in hand. 'Dad.' Regulus voiced, Orion quickly swiveled his head to look at them. 'Hm?' 'Our letters arrived, we're supposed to meet the others in Diagon.' Sirius answered. 'Ah, yes. That's right. Let me just get ready and I'll meet you at the Floo.' He spoke as he quickly got out of his chair and gently placed the calendar above the mantel. 'What is it for?' Sirius asked, causing Orion to pause. 'Nothing.' He whispered back in response. Though it was clearly a lie, they all could see that. He didn't want to tell them, just in case he was wrong. Didn't want to get their hopes up. Didn't want to get his... - Orion cleared his throat before pasting on a small smile, 'Be down soon.' And quickly exited his study making way towards his room. 'Think it might have something to do with A-' 'Reggie. S-She's gone.' Sirius cut him off tightly, before leaving to go downstairs and wait. Regulus turned back to eye the calendar, before letting out a sigh and following in Sirius's footsteps. Almost every one of them refused to mention her name, he understood why. It hurt. But he didn't want to act like she didn't exist. He paused at the door between his and Sirius's, it was meant to be Ara's room. Even though she was gone, Father still made sure to keep it in the new plans, exactly how she wanted it. Regulus gently ran his fingers across her engraved name on the door. No one had stepped foot inside it since it was finished being designed. They'd moved back into Grimmauld but each one of them didn't dare open it.

'Bartemius!' Lucinda called out from the living room. 'Coming mother!' He responded from his room, slowly he rolled off his bed and made his way down. 'Your letter has arrived, darling.' Lucinda smiled, handing it over. He took it with a sigh before sitting down on the couch and reading it over, 'I'm supposed to meet up with everyone at Diagon. Is it alright if I go?' Lucinda sat down beside him, 'Of course. Who will you be meeting?' 'Reggie, Lucy, Sev, James, Sirius and Remus.' 'Oh, what happened to that one friend you'd write to me about, Amy? Ally? A-' 'Ara.' He croaked out. 'She uh - She won't be there.' 'Oh, why not?' He swallowed the lump in his throat, 'She's gone,' he forced out before standing up and making way to the Floo. Before his mother could say anything, he quickly said, 'Be back later.' Before grabbing some Floo powder and Floo'ing to the Leaky Cauldron. He stumbled out and collided right into Lucius. 'Bloody hell, Barty!' 'Oh, don't frown Lucy. It'll give ya wrinkles!' Barty smirked. Lucius's reply was stopped by the arrival of James and Severus. 'Now children, save the bickering for later!' Chastised James, with a cheeky grin. Both Barty and Lucius stuck their tongues out at him. 'Has Regulus and Sirius arrived yet?' Severus asked. 'Miss me already, Sev?' Sirius joked from behind them, scaring the living daylights out of James. Orion quickly made his way through the crowd to Abraxas and Fleamont, 'Why must they always choose the busiest days?' He mumbled with a sigh, earning a snort from Fleamont. Remus stumbled out of the Floo, crashing into Regulus. 'Ow!' Regulus muttered. 'Sorry...' Remus grimaced, as he heaved himself up.