-𝕏𝕃-

He stumbled his way back to his seat, as Adhara passed him a glass of firewhiskey - which he downed as fast as possible. Looking over to her, still processing the memories he just watched, he couldn't take his eyes off her scar. How did a baby survive a killing curse? How did she survive... everything? And his family... the Black family... in ruins! 'I'm still a Horcrux.' She whispered, gently. That seemed to bring him back down to reality real fast, 'But you -' 'I made a deal. To come back and change things, in exchange... I'd have to pay a price.' 'A price?' She averted her gaze and looked towards the fire. 'The Horcrux in my scar... is the last step. Once I sacrifice myself again, my soul will be dragged to the shades to suffer.' He stared at her in horror, 'W - Why would you make such a deal?' She looked back at him with a small smile and glistening eyes, 'To save the people I love, of course. I suffered my whole life. Pain is all I've ever really known. What's a little more suffering... if I could have a chance to save them?'

He couldn't look away from her, it was just too - unbelievable. How could such a person exist? His whole life he was raised in believing that the Black's were the greatest, everyone else was below them, that in order to succeed you must take and do, whatever you can! Regardless of anyone else. And yet here she is, willing to let her soul suffer in order to save everyone from two separate madmen! They didn't deserve her, or her kindness. Because in a way they all let her down, they all failed her, made her suffer... How could a full society of wizards and witches leave their fate up to a child! Admittedly, she was one hell of an extraordinary child - but still it never should have been left on her shoulders. She never should have had to carry the weight of the world and sacrificed herself. He got up from his seat and walked over to her, without hesitating he pulled her into a tight hug. She froze for a second before hugging him back just as tight. He wasn't sure if he was doing this to comfort her or himself. But it felt right. And for the first time in a long time... Orion let a tear escape his eye.

'Everything okay?' James questioned when Sirius returned, Sirius's face shuffled through multiple expressions before he hesitantly said, 'We'll talk back at the dorm.' Didn't that just make him feel a little worried. He and Remus both exchanged confused glances, before simultaneously rushing to finish their dinners. It felt like forever before they finally made it to their dorm. As soon as they entered, Sirius quickly set up privacy spells as James and Remus sat eagerly in wait. Sirius quickly looked at him with a pained expression, before redirecting his eyes to the floor. 'Well? What is it Padfoot?' Sirius took a deep breath, hesitantly whispering, 'Ara... went to get the locket.' The locket? How did she find out where it is? Regulus hasn't done the whole... switch-a-roo act with it. Remus seemed to be thinking along the same lines of him as he suddenly asked, 'How? I thought she had no idea where it was.' Sirius tensed, forcing himself to continue on, 'She found out. Apparently it's... at - well it's - a - at Grimmauld.' 'WHAT!?' Chorused Remus and James, immediately jumping to their feet, in a panic.

'Barty, will you calm down!' Stated Regulus. 'Calm down! Ara's gone to Grimmauld! And you're telling me to calm down!?' He shouted as he continued his pacing in their dorm, though this time, he wasn't alone in his pacing as Lucius joined him. They kept nearly bumping into one another. The Black family was notorious for cursing first, asking questions later and he wasn't a fool to believe otherwise if Ara got caught in Regulus's home. Especially if she were to be caught by his mother! The Black's were also notorious for the creative methods of torture throughout history, Regulus's mother idolized learning about such methods. And his father... no one's ever lost against Orion Black. He'd definitely curse first and ask questions later! He couldn't stop all the horrid scenarios popping into his head. He suddenly came to a stop and looked pointedly at Regulus, 'Why did you tell her before even telling us!? Why did you tell her at all!!?' 'I thought we'd plan together! I miscalculated and I'm not proud of it, all right!' Regulus muttered with a pained expression, 'I didn't want her to go alone! I just thought as long as we were involved with the whole... planning. We could buy some time. Possibly slow her down a bit. She's finding these Horcruxes faster than before, once she gets the locket, only the Diary and Cup is left! Plus her!' Lucius suddenly stopped, as realization dawned on him. 'If she could walk through Grimmauld's wards... she could walk through Malfoy Manors!' Barty spun around, his face masked in horror, 'We need to get that diary before she does!'

He pulled back from their hug as something suddenly dawned on him, 'Why did you sneak into Grimmauld?' Ara looked at him with a sheepish smile, 'Your banshee of a wife had the locket... I had to get it.' His face flickered through a multitude of emotions before landing on disgust, 'That thing has been here the whole time?' 'Unfortunately.' Grimaced Ara. 'Who else knows?' Questioned Orion. Ara tensed for a second, as she averted her gaze to the floor with a guilty expression, 'Barty, Lucius, Severus, Regulus, James, Remus, Sirius and Peter... Though only Barty and potentially Lucius, Severus and Regulus know that I'm still a Horcrux and that my price is to die.' 'They took the vow?' 'Yes.' 'You told the rat?' He sneered. 'I didn't really want to, but technically he's still innocent and well, they were still inseparable so...' 'When you told them the price is to die, did you tell them the whole truth or -' 'Just that I'm to die. They don't know about the whole suffering part.' She mumbled sheepishly. He began to silently ponder over something in his head for a few moments, 'How far have you gotten?' Orion suddenly asked. 'Oh. Um... I slayed the basilisk again with the sword, made a protective box to keep the Horcruxes in for now, got the Diadem, the ring and now the locket as well.'

He nodded his head as he once again went into a deep pondering. 'All right, I'll take care of things on the political end. You plan on killing Dumbledore yourself again?' 'Yes, unless you have a better idea? Though I believe him dying would be best for the whole world's sake...' Answered Ara. He nodded once again, 'I want you to hold off on retrieving the cup and diary for now, I -' 'But-' 'Adhara.' Cut off Orion, 'I know you think it'll hurt less the faster you complete everything... but it won't.' He gently took her face in his hands, 'Don't be so quick to die. When you rush, you make mistakes. And we both know you can't afford to tip either of those madmen off.' She looked back at him sadly. 'I want you to return to Hogwarts and just enjoy your time until Christmas holidays. Then you will come here. With Sirius and Regulus, we'll talk then. In the meantime, I'll take care of things in the Ministry and such. Also getting rid of the harpy I unfortunately call a wif -' Ara cut in with a small smile, 'You know... when portrait you mentioned the conditions of your marriage contract, I do believe they failed in putting in the condition of "No putting your wife in a permanent slumber". I feel like it should have been added before the "No killing your wife" condition. Just a thought.' Smirked Ara. 'I can't believe I never thought of that! I looked through that damned contract a hundred times!' Whispered Orion.