-𝕏𝕀𝕀-

After Potions was Transfiguration with the "Puffs," and Alice chose to sit with her this time. Thank Merlin! It looked like the Marauders were making their way over to her.

'Today we are starting Vanishing Spells. These are easier than Conjuring Spells, which you would not usually attempt until N.E.W.T. level, but they are still among the most difficult magic you will be tested on in your O.W.L.' Ara tuned out the rest of what McGonagall was saying; she'd already done all of this, so she wasn't worried. Though curiosity got the better of her; she was always told Transfiguration was her father's best class, and they weren't wrong. It seems he spent a great deal of the class transfiguring things for fun—or to show off... maybe a bit of both.

Lunch came, and Alice had dragged her to sit with her group of friends, which unfortunately meant Lily as well. She felt eyes on her and looked up; sure enough, there was Barty at the Slytherin table, looking at her as his friends appeared to be chewing him out. But all he did was smirk and give a little wave, which made her snort and the group of girls looked at her confused. If she had looked to her far right, she would have noticed the Marauders glaring at Barty as if their eyes could set him aflame. But alas, she did not!

Next was a back-to-back Defence Against The Dark Arts Class with the Slytherins. Their current Professor for DADA was an ex-Auror named Bertram Fennel. He decided to test the group of their current knowledge by having them duel one another. It was a last standing wins type deal. First was a Gryffindor named Malcolm Stinche, who went against a Slytherin named Posy Parkinson; the resemblance to Pansy was uncanny. Posy lost and was traded out with another Slytherin who defeated Malcolm, and so on. As she silently watched the duels and waited for her turn, she couldn't help but wonder if when she destroys the Diadem, would it break the jinx on the DADA post? Or is it not connected to the Diadem and something she'd have to break herself? This would be easier if she had a curse breaker, but the only one she knew was Bill Weasley, and well... he's only what? Five? At the moment. So no such luck with that idea.

'Lovella, Ara! You're up!' Professor Fennel voiced, cutting off her train of thought. She made her way up to the dueling platform only to come face to face with a young Severus Snape. Oh joy! She'd always wanted to knock him on his arse at least once. She couldn't resist a smirk at that thought, something he raised his brow at while sneering at her. From the corner of her eye, she could see the Marauders push their way to the front to watch the duel, a mixture of concern and curiosity written all over their faces. Severus and Ara bowed slightly to one another as they were taught. At the count of three, the duel began. It was fun! Toying with him as he got frustrated. She heard a pounding in her ears as she easily avoided spell after spell. After the war, this was nothing. Dare she say — she even missed it! Dueling, that is, not the deaths... Finally, having gotten bored, she couldn't resist knocking him on his arse with the very spell he taught her. "Expelliarmus!" she thought non-verbally. A jet of red light hit him and sent him flying as his wand flew out of his hand and she caught it, as he legit bounced on his arse! It took everything she had not to burst into laughter.

She probably should have lost at some point... especially after she finished off the Slytherins (Barty's face was hilarious!) and began dueling the rest of the Gryffindors. But she was enjoying it too much and she was in all fairness still holding back, by a lot. Her last duel was against Sirius after she had just beaten her father. This was gonna be exciting! Sirius was entirely unpredictable. A wildcard. She didn't bother hiding the mischievous gleam in her eyes or the genuine smile of excitement. It was a rush, almost like when she would fly. He lasted the longest compared to the others; it was almost like a dance. Though he knew he'd lost the second she turned his end of the platform into quicksand and he couldn't get out. But he still tried 'till she officially disarmed him.

The Professor gave her a calculating glint, however, and she realized she probably fucked up by drawing too much attention to herself. Oh well, it was bound to happen eventually. Then he asked if she'd like to go against him. And well, who wouldn't accept such an enticing offer. Though this time she made sure to lose; she suspected he knew that but he didn't say anything. Just gave her that same calculative look. But she wasn't worried, she had more important things on her mind... such as the upcoming full moon.