-𝕏𝕀𝕏-

Remus was unfortunately paired with Caius Mulciber. His group of friends had some tense "run-ins" with the Marauders a couple of times. So the mutual dislike of this arrangement went both ways. From the corner of his eye, he saw Crouch switch places with Malfoy. During the class, he couldn't help but subtly glance towards Ara. She looked to be deep in thought about something the whole time. Then he saw her walk up and whisper something to Barty, before he slightly nodded and she returned to her spot. This wouldn't have been unusual, bar the whole "Gryffindor and Slytherin being friendly" to one another. No, the strange part was the little smile and nod she gave to Barty - before he then sent a hex to her and she didn't even bother trying to deflect it.

Snap!

The students froze as the sound of her arm breaking echoed around the classroom. Sirius and James went to move towards Barty, their faces full of fury, but he stopped them. He didn't know why... but he knew Ara must have asked Barty to do so. Professor Fennel told her to go to the Hospital Wing, but as she was about to move, Barty cut in. "I can take her, Professor!" This seemed to have not been part of her plan, as he saw her momentarily widen her eyes before resuming her previous neutral expression. What was she up to?

They are given 15 minutes between each class, so Remus pulled the guys into an alcove nearby and filled them in on what he saw. They then decided to check the map only to see she wasn't on it! Neither was Barty for that matter! They spent the whole 15 minutes searching the map before rushing to Charms class. But the whole time he couldn't focus. The others weren't paying attention either. Where did they go? Why did she ask Barty to break her arm? Was the map faulty?

ϟϟϟ

After Charms class, they once again went to another alcove and looked at the map. Still, she was nowhere to be found. Then right as they were about to put the map away, Sirius suddenly pointed at two sets of footprints. They were walking towards the Great Hall, but how? They were just nowhere to be found... and now they're suddenly there, as if they never disappeared!? Putting the map away, they quickly took a shortcut to the Great Hall. Making it just in time to see her and Barty walking in, laughing with one another. They split up as Barty went to join his friends at the Slytherin table, who looked just as confused as the Marauders - as Ara made her way towards the Gryffindor table.

Not wasting any time, they quickly caught up to her and sat down next to her. "Where were you?" James impatiently asked. She gave them an indecipherable look, "Hospital Wing."

"No, you weren't." Cut in Sirius, with narrowed accusing eyes. "We checked."

"Must have just missed me." She stated all nonchalant. The two of them opened and closed their mouths a couple of times before huffing. He knew what they wanted to say - you weren't on the map! But knew they couldn't, because no one knows about the map. She just smiled and began serving herself some lunch, to the annoyance of the four of them. Why was she lying?

"Why did you ask Barty to break your arm?" He suddenly questioned, surprising not only his friends but himself as well. She looked at him again with the same indecipherable look. "I didn't."

"Yes, you did. I watched you."

She raised her brow and suddenly a small smirk grew on her face, "Watch me often, Remus?" She asked with amusement twinkling in her eyes.

He choked on air as he felt himself blush. "N-No! I-I, Why would -" Thankfully, James cut in to save him from his spluttering nightmare, "You're changing the subject," he said accusingly.

"Am I? I don't think so, as we're still on it, aren't we? I didn't ask Barty to break my arm. I asked him to help get me sent to the Hospital Wing."

"Why?" Sirius questioned bewildered.

"Because I wanted to get out of class."

Well, what are you supposed to say to that? He didn't think she was lying... yet it also didn't feel like the actual truth. It seems the others felt the same, judging by their expressions.