-𝕏𝕏𝕀𝕀-

"Why not!?"

"Because I'm gonna die!" She suddenly gasped and put her hands over her mouth as her eyes widened. She was an idiot! Naturally, as one does at times like this, she ran. She had to! She couldn't just stand there and see the look in his eyes! Why was she such a fool? Don't get close, don't attract attention, don't get attached! And yet, she broke every damn rule she had made for herself. But she couldn't help it... she just wanted to see them happy! Before all the horrors of the future had changed them. Was that so wrong? Selfishness! That's what it was. She was being selfish!

Running through the corridors of Hogwarts with tears streaming down her cheeks was definitely not a good look. Especially when she turned the corner and bumped into none other than Lucius Malfoy, as she fell back on her arse. Could this night get any worse? No? Well, Surprise! Here's Lucy! Damn you, Potter luck!

She quickly clambered up onto her feet and made her way to move around him after quickly apologizing for slamming into him. However, he quickly grabbed her arm, stopping her as he eyed her hesitantly.

"Why are you crying?" He asked with a slight grimace.

She quickly wiped the tears off her cheeks and put on a fake smile. "I'm not crying. It was raining outside is all. Have a nice night." Before he could say anything else, she quickly broke out of his gentle grasp and continued on, trying her best not to look back at him.

Lucius Malfoy was... another complicated relationship? ... from her past. He was an arse! A complete arse when they first met. And there was the whole diary situation, granted, he didn't realize it was a Horcrux and that it would unleash a Basilisk... even he's not thick enough to believe a pureblood wouldn't be affected by a Basilisk's gaze. Then the whole nightmare of how he treated Dobby! Lucius Malfoy, however, also saved her.

That night in the graveyard. He was the one who summoned the cup to her before she could reach it, helping her escape. He didn't want to kill her at the Ministry and was willing to take the deal, until all hell broke loose of course. And though no one else knew except her - at least she didn't think anyone else knew - he was a secret informant for the order under the name "Pavo".

Pavo would send in letters informing them of raids, plans, anything really... and the order often argued whether to trust Pavo or not. She knew it was him though; the first time they ever met he had a Pavo lapel pin on. He was obsessed with the damn birds! I mean, all the signs were right there! He was trapped by the madman as well... and he didn't want Draco to be trapped like he was. He did what he had to do to survive.

That night on the Astronomy tower. It was her that killed Dumbledore. Draco couldn't do it, and she figured Dumbledore had arranged for Snape to do it. But since the day Sirius died and she broke the block on her magic, she was able to feel... magical signatures? It was hard to explain, but she knew the Dumbledore in front of them wasn't the real him. He was disillusioned and exactly four feet to the left of the fake illusion. He was going to fake his death. So, she stepped forward and killed him herself instead. Right as Snape arrived. She knew Snape would take the credit and was capable of making it seem so - but that night she also gave Draco a way out. An illegal portkey; it would take him and his family to a safehouse when they found a chance. To one of the many warded properties she learned she had when she snuck off to Gringotts that year.

When she was attacked from Fenrir Greyback, it was where Dobby and Kreacher took her. Only Draco and Lucius were there. Narcissa was killed after the whole failure of the Ministry fiasco. She quickly left as soon as she could but returned as she needed to resupply and plan her whole breaking into Gringotts. And that's when she got to know Lucius, the real? Him. Or at least a more honest version of him. She knew she was a Horcrux and Draco was for some reason convinced he was in love with her. She didn't have the heart to let him hope for something more. She knew she was going to die. Lucius was there and for once in her life, she wanted it to be her choice - not forced from her. So, one night, her and Lucius, they got very... close. Several times. Part of her cared for him; she wasn't in love with him, Merlin no! Too much ego! But he became someone she wanted to save as well. But she didn't know how? It was hard when it came to the Slytherins. The only one she got close to was Barty so far, and she wasn't even supposed to get close.

Finally making it to her common room, ignoring everyone as she went straight to her dorm. She was - overwhelmed. Coming straight from the war to this... for the first time since she's been here, she felt so lost. What if she failed? What if she ruined everything and made things worse? Tears once again began falling down her cheeks as she laid in her bed. How was she supposed to face Barty after blurting something like that out!?