-𝕃-

Ara quickly made her way over to a chair and sat down, Sirius and Regulus hesitantly following suit. Orion stayed standing, 'First things first, I'm currently here because Dumbledore tried getting Adhara to take an inheritance test.' Orion held up his hand to silence the boy's questions, 'I managed to prevent him from seeing any potential information by officially taking on Adhara as my ward.' They both swiveled their heads to Ara, 'Then that means you'll be living with us, right?' questioned Regulus. 'Yes.' answered Orion as Ara sent them a small smile with a nod. 'James isn't gonna like this...' mumbled Sirius. 'I still haven't even told him you were gonna stay with us at Grimmauld for the winter holidays..' he added. 'It'll be fine. I've invited the Potters to join us in France over the Holidays.' Orion responded, shocking all three of them. 'We're going to France?' questioned Regulus, 'You invited the Potters?' Sirius asked, 'But-' Orion cut off Ara as he held up his hand once again, 'They aren't aware of you being their granddaughter, but I thought you'd at least like the chance to meet them.' She was so touched that she immediately stood up and hugged him, again. 'First smiling, then inviting the Potters and now hugging... are we dreaming?' whispered Sirius to Regulus. Regulus dumbly nodded back, 'That can be the only explanation.'

Orion then continued, 'I have however talked with them a bit about Voldemort and Dumbledore, they have verified the threats and invited me over tomorrow for further discussions.' Ara pulled back from Orion to look up at him as a sudden thought occurred to her, 'Dragon Pox!' Everyone looked at her confused, so she elaborated, 'In the future I didn't know much about them, but Sirius told me they died from Dragon Pox. They were diagnosed too late. I just don't know when they died... what if it's already too late!' she ranted in a panic. 'What if-' Sirius cut her off, 'Ara, in the future I ran away from home, right?' She nodded, confused where he was going with this. 'They took me in, right?' She nodded again. 'But that didn't happen until summer after this year. Which means there's time and it'll be fine.' Sirius reassured, placating her fears. 'I'll make sure they get checked out.' Orion added. She nodded, feeling much calmer. 'Now, one last thing is while we are in France, Grimmauld will be in the process of being redesigned. Nothing like the design you two did for it in the future, though it was atrociously hilarious but I figured it needed a fresh start. Much like us. So anything you want for your rooms or to add to the new design plans, you have until the holidays to think about.' Orion looked at each one of them seeing if they had any questions, seeing that they didn't he promptly moved on. 'Ara, would you mind giving me and the boys a moment?' She smiled up at him, 'No problem.' and turned to leave, unknown to Orion sending the boys a reassuring look and thumbs up from behind him.

Once Ara left, Sirius and Regulus sat there nervously wondering if their father would suddenly change. Only to be completely caught off guard and immensely taken by surprise when he suddenly said, 'I'm sorry.' Orion walked toward his shocked sons and sat on the newly conjured chair in front of them both. 'I made a lot of regrettable mistakes. And I've hurt you both immensely with my actions, ignorance and naivety.' He then looked to Regulus, 'You're not just a spare, Regulus. You're not just another name in the Black family. You are my son and first and foremost you are an amazing, kind hearted, brilliant young man. Don't ever feel like you have to change who you are to please anyone who thinks otherwise, especially to put on an image of some perfect pureblood. It's all bullshit!' He placed his hand on Regulus' shoulder to comfort him as the tears slowly fell down his son's cheeks. 'I am proud of you, Regulus. Whoever it is you want or wish to be, I will be proud and support you no matter what. I am so thankful that I have been given this second chance, I just hope I was not too late.'

Orion then turned to Sirius, Sirius nervously swallowed the lump in his throat as he stared back at Orion. 'When I heard you had been sorted into Gryffindor, I was ecstatic!' Sirius' jaw dropped, but Orion continued, 'The hat had wanted to put me in Gryffindor as well, but I protested against it. You did what I never had the courage to do, and despite everything that horrid woman has ever said or done to you, you stood your ground, you stayed true to yourself. I am also so very proud of you, Sirius. And I give you my word, that I had no idea that she was hurting you. Had I known... a lot of things would have been different. But I still failed you.' Orion did his best to keep it together, but eventually even he ended up unleashing his tears like his sons. 'I won't ask you to forgive me, but I will spend everyday trying to make up for it. I hope one day I'll be able to earn it.' And for the first time, Orion got to hug his sons. It was awkward, uncomfortable and they were a sobbing mess, but he wouldn't change it for anything else. Silently in his head, he thanked Adhara for giving him this moment.

Finally after a few moments they broke apart and slowly pulled themselves together. Sirius then sniffled out, 'What about the family? Grandpa -' 'I'll deal with them, I've been a coward long enough. It's time I grew up and stood up against my father and the rest of them. Afterall I am now Lord Black and not him. I should act like it.' Orion placated. Regulus then sniffled out, 'Won't they try to have you removed as Lord Black?' Orion smirked, 'They could try but it won't work.' 'Why not?' chorused the boys. 'Because since the day after I met Adhara, the Black family magic fully accepted me. It hasn't truly accepted a member of our family in several decades. It's why I was passed the ring so early, it was rejecting your grandfather and he was too weak to fight against it any longer.' 'Why did it accept you now?' asked Regulus, eyeing the ring. Orion followed his gaze to the ring, 'I believe... it may be due to the change of heart I had. Before it felt like I was losing who I once was by conforming with the rest of the family. Now, however, things have changed. I don't want to give in and conform, I want to change things and I think the family magic wants things to change as well.'

Orion then suddenly gave Regulus a knowing look, 'What are you and your friends up to with a book written in Nesmoncryi?' Sirius looked at Regulus puzzled, 'Nesmoncryi?' Regulus looked at his father wide eyed, 'H-how -' 'I paid a visit to Abraxas and came across his scattered research of the language. He explained that his son had written him a letter inquiring about a book he and his friends found written in the language.' Regulus looked at his father sheepishly, 'The thing is - well you see- I- we-' Orion immediately cut off his stuttering, 'You're not in trouble Regulus, I just want to know what you're up to so I can help.' Sirius and Regulus both looked at him shocked once again, 'We want to find a way to save Ara. She made the deal with Death so we were looking for some way to talk to him...' Regulus mumbled out. 'I figured as much, but it won't work.' Orion said, disheartened. 'The book could have a way to speak with him, but our magic isn't like a Necromancer's. It would kill you, if you even tried.' Sirius and Regulus both flickered through a wave of emotions, 'Then what do we do now? How do we save her?' questioned Sirius. 'Give me the book. I'll have Abraxas translate it and in the meantime I'll try to find a Necromancer -' 'How? They don't exist anymore, right?' questioned Regulus. 'Here yes, but it's possible there might be Necromancer's elsewhere.'

She sat in the common room with James and Remus, waiting patiently for Sirius to return. 'So, Hogsmeade is coming up, joining us?' James asked, looking up from the Wizards chess board. 'Can't...' she mumbled out in response, only half paying attention as she stared fixedly at the entrance. 'Why not?' questioned James, with a slight pout. 'I have a date.' 'WHAT!?' She turned her head to James, blinking innocently. 'I said I have a date.' 'He heard you -' Remus responded only to get cut off, 'A date? With who? Is it Barty? Oh my Merlin you're going on a date with Barty!' James ranted, frantically. She was gonna respond only to suddenly hear the portrait entrance open, turning her head, she saw Sirius walk in. Immediately she stood up and ran over to him, hugging him. He froze for a second before hugging her back with a big smile. 'How'd it go?' she whispered. 'Better than I ever could have imagined, honestly.' he whispered back. She pulled away beaming, 'Good. Whatever you decide I'll support you, I hope you know that Siri!' Sirius smiled back at her, 'I do.' Sirius, noticing the confused looks on James and Remus's faces, 'Come on, I don't want them to accidentally hurt themselves thinking too hard.' he muttered.