-𝕏𝕃𝕍-

Alphard floo'd into Grimmauld and immediately made his way to Orion's office, walking past the sitting room that contained his annoying screeching older sister Walburga. Without knocking he bursted in to find Orion sitting in his chair already waiting for him, drink in hand. 'It's happened!' Alphard immediately spoke, 'Happened?' questioned Orion with a raised brow. 'I got checked out like you said... poison, Orion. I was slowly being poisoned.' Orion tilted his head confused, 'But our -' 'Rings detect so, I know. But they found a loophole.' Alphard quickly took a seat in the chair opposite him, 'Our rings detect regular run of the mill venoms and poisons one typically uses, however, they don't detect against things used to heal or treat you.' Alphard slouched back in his chair, 'Too much of anything is bad... especially when you're given too much Boom Berry juice!' Orion directed his gaze towards the fire once again, 'Did you catch who's been dosing you?' Alphard grimaced as he released a heavy sigh, then nodded slightly, 'A house elf... it's been taken care of.' 'I don't doubt they may try again, keep your guard up.'

Orion then directed his gaze back to Alphard, 'And the potion?' Alphard smirked, 'I've completed it... it's for her, isn't it? You've found a loophole?' Orion snorted, 'Upset?' 'Ecstatic!' 'You know most brothers would protest against such actions towards their sisters...' Alphard smirked, 'Well, I ain't most brothers, now am I?' Then he extracted a vial from his inner jacket pocket and placed it on the side table between them, a clear liquid contained within. 'It was difficult, but I managed it. Though, I must warn you it'll be bitter... so you must disguise it well.' Orion nodded his head in acknowledgement, 'Much appreciated, Alphard.' Alphard got up and made himself a drink, 'You know... he'll kill you, her father...' Orion smirked, 'He can try...'

They sat across from one another at the dining room table, amidst the silence only the sound of the cutlery scraping against the plates every now and then, could be heard. 'Surprised you stayed, Orion. Normally you come up with some excuse to leave...' whined Walburga, before taking another sip of her wine. Orion rolled his eyes, 'Yes, well... something else came up.' he replied bitterly. She barely resisted a smirk before she paused in taking another sip of her drink to inquire, 'What did my foolish brother want?' Orion raised his brow, 'To inform me that someone tried poisoning him... he was lucky enough to have caught it in time.' Walburga sneered 'How... fortunate...' she muttered. 'Oh, no need to act so disappointed darling,' Orion then raised his glass as if to make a toast, 'Rejoice! You still have two brothers who despise the ground you walk on! I know I certainly do!' Orion smirked knowing he pushed the right button to set her off. And just as expected, she began her tantrum throwing anything in reach at the walls and towards him. He casually sat there eating his steak, amused, as the items bounced off his protective shield. Counting down in his head from ten, waiting for the potion to take effect.

She grabbed the bottle of wine before pausing, her heart racing and her vision going blurry. 'W-what did you do!?' she stuttered out in a panic, 'WHAT DID YOU DO!!?' she screeched. Her hands trembled and the wine bottle fell smashing on the floor, everything began feeling heavy. Orion smirked at her, 'I told you... something else came up, darling.' he repeated. He stood up from his seat and slowly made his way towards her, she stumbled back into the wall. It was getting harder to keep her eyes open, to keep herself standing up... she felt so tired. 'You hurt my sons! You have been sneaking off to conspire with the filthy, monstrous, half blooded wannabe lord! You would have ruined us! You're nothing but a bane of our existence. I will not stand by no more, Walburga! It is time for you to take... a nice... long... rest!' He watched her eyes finally drift closed as her limp body fell to the floor. He summoned Kreacher and altered his memory, before sending him off to fetch the family healer. He vanished the dosed food before replacing it, then slid off the fake ring he had placed in her jewelry box and slid on her original one, covering his tracks. The healer arrived and he put on a performance of a lifetime, after several tests and scans, he hid his relief well when the healer announced that she was in a deep state of slumber. Incurable and unknown what was used to put her in such a state. Alphard Black, you brilliant and fantastic son of a bitch!

Hours later the Auror's left, hours later after dealing with an irate Pollux and Irma, Orion finally sent off the letters to his sons informing them of Walburga's state. He knew he didn't have to worry about Sirius's reaction over such news, but Regulus... he was a little concerned about how he'd take it. Alphard volunteered to stay behind to help him in his "time of grief". In actuality, they got drunk celebrating the wondrous permanent slumber of one, Walburga Black. The next morning he quickly downed a hangover cure, before getting ready and lazily reading through the lot of letters that had been sent to him throughout the night. Condolences for Walburga's condition, not one of them meaning it. Though he was wide awake when he received a letter from none other than Fleamont Potter.

Dear Orion,

Upon further investigation into your claims, we've come to the conclusion that you have been correct. Albus Dumbledore cannot be trusted and this Tom Riddle, Voldemort character, must be stopped. Euphemia and myself have also talked over your invitation to join you and your sons for the winter holidays in France, and we humbly accept your generous invite. I know our sons will both be ecstatic to spend time with one another over the break. We've also received word that your wife has unfortunately fallen ill, though I suspect it may be more fortunate than it is otherwise... if not, then my sincere apologies. And I find myself most intrigued over who your said, "special guest" that would be joining us is. Euphemia has come up with some wild theories to entertain herself. But till then, I rather hoped if it wasn't too much trouble... we'd like to have you over again, say, this Wednesday at noon to continue our discussion. Please do write back if you have another preference.

Kindest regards,

Fleamont Potter.

Orion reread the letter a few more times, who knew the day would come when he would look forward to spending winter holidays with a Potter. Ara would most likely be peeved off at him, but he thought she should meet her grandparents at least once. Even if they aren't aware they are her grandparents. He looked at the time, he had plans to speak with Abraxas today... Hopefully it goes alright, he can be quite annoyingly stubborn at times. Quickly writing a letter back to Fleamont, informing him Wednesday would be just fine, he called Kreacher to wake Alphard and send him home. Then he made his way to the Floo after sending off his reply.

'You're early.' mumbled Abraxas, as he greeted Orion. 'Yes, well if I was even a second late you'd never shut up.' smirked Orion. Abraxas glared at him, before turning around and leading them to his study. Once they took their seats on his lavish leather couch, Abraxas, a man with no patience immediately whined, 'So do I finally get to know about what you needed to discuss with Potter?' Orion couldn't hold back a laugh, 'I haven't even taken a sip out of my tea yet Abraxas, but yes... I have come to discuss a few things with you.' Abraxas raised his brow intrigued, 'Such as..?' 'The fate of our families, the fate of the wizarding world... Voldemort.' Abraxas froze on the spot, 'What about the Da- Voldemort?' Orion gave him a knowing glance, 'I know Abraxas. You've let him mark you...' 'H-h-how -' Orion took a sip before promptly cutting him off, 'You're a prideful man, in all the time we've known one another I've never once seen you bow to another, not even to me... and yet, you let yourself be marked by a monstrous, lying, half blooded wannabe -' 'Half-blooded? You claim the Dark Lord is lying!?' Abraxas protested. 'I know he's lying. There is no pure-blood family with the known name of Voldemort! That in itself should have tipped you off that something wasn't right.'

Abraxas gripped his cup tightly, 'It can't be true, it just can't! My father -' 'Your father knew, Abraxas. He was one of the originals, the so-called "Knights". As was Pollux, Octavius Lestrange, Archeus Avery, Maxim Dolohov, Cadmus Mulciber, Theodore Nott II and countless others.' Abraxas paled as he tried to process the new information, 'But -' 'You've been duped!' 'Say it ain't so! Orion, I -' 'It's all right, Abraxas. It's not too late to fix things.' 'I have his mark on my arm! Of course it's too late!' Orion snorted at his friend's dramatics, 'I know someone who can remove it.' Abraxas somehow managed to pale even further, 'I need my arm Orion!' 'Not your arm, you dimwit! The mark! I know someone who could remove the mark.' Abraxas released a breath of relief as color began to return to his face, 'Who is he, really?' he croaked out. 'Tom Marvolo Riddle.' answered Orion. 'And it's time you learn the whole truth.'