-𝕃𝕀𝕀-

Orion slowly did up his tie, trying his best to calm his nerves. He had invited the members of the Black family over this evening, and he was not looking forward to it. Kreacher had been moved to Pollux's property to watch over and take care of the slumbering Walburga, in the meantime he's been doing things himself. Abraxas had a house elf that was currently pregnant and Orion figured it must be Dobby that would be born, he was waiting for him instead of getting a new one right away. He knew Ara would love to see him again and he kind of found the odd elf amusing in the memories he saw, truly a loyal friend he was to Ara. Quickly smoothing over any crinkles he saw in his suit, putting on his cufflinks and promptly made his way down to the greeting room. Anxiously he watched the ticking clock on the wall until it hit six o'clock exactly before opening the Floo network. As usual his parents were first to arrive, he greeted them as customary before directing them to the second dining room. Once all the members expected had arrived, he quickly closed the Floo network and sealed the house, unbeknownst to them all.

'Monty!' cheered Francis Longbottom, excitedly. 'How are you Frank?' beamed Fleamont. 'Good good! Oh, do come in! What brings you here this evening?' inquired the cheerful man. Fleamont's smile dropped a little, 'I'm afraid we have much to discuss.' Francis looked at him bewildered but nodded nonetheless before leading him to the greenhouses. Quickly dodging some Venemous Tentacula tendrils, carefully stepping through the patch of Bouncing Bulbs, edging around the Spiky Bushes and making sure to not get hit with stinksap by the squirting Mimbulus Mimbletonia's, they finally made it to a nice private garden with a vintage white metal table and chairs in the center. 'Love what you've done with the place!' stated Fleamont as he admired the newly added Fanged Geranium's. 'Why thank you!' beamed Francis, 'So what is it you've come to discuss, Monty?' he added in a more serious and eager tone. 'Ah! Yes, well um...,' Fleamont pondered over the best way to say what he needed as he quickly took his seat at the table, Francis joining him. 'I have come across some... information. I-' 'Information? Of?' 'All I ask is that you hear me out first my old friend, it will be hard to wrap your head around it but I assure you I am not jesting!' Fleamont stated. Francis nodded in return even more curious. 'It is time you learn the truth of Albus Dumbledore.'

Orion held up his glass filled with the sweet dark flavored red wine, 'Glad you all could make it!' he drawled, unenthusiastically. Ignoring the bitter grumblings of Pollux Black ('As if we had a choice!'), Orion continued on, 'Hope you all ate before arriving, as there will be no food served this evening! But do enjoy the wine!' he announced with a wry smirk. Everyone stared at him unsure whether they should laugh or not, finally sensing that he wasn't joking Arcturus spoke up, 'You gathered us all here and are not going to serve us food like a proper host!?' he questioned, baffled. 'Terribly sorry father but you see I currently have no house elf, he's busy taking care of the banshee of a woman you married me off to!' A few members hid their snickers behind their hands as Pollux furiously stood up and roared, 'You hold your tongue before I spell it off!' Orion smirked back menacingly, 'I'd like to see you try.' Pollux pulled out his wand and raised it towards Orion, however the second he did so, he immediately dropped it and clutched at his throat gasping for breath. 'Pollux!' cried Irma, 'You vile man, stop it at once!!' she shouted at Orion. Orion raised his hands in a surrendering gesture, 'It's not me doing it. It's the family magic.' He let out a humorless laugh, 'It appears the magic is unpleased with good old Pollux trying to attack the Lord Black,' he finished gesturing to himself, so the idiotic ones in the family understood. Arcturus rolled his eyes at a gasping Pollux, 'Stop thinking of harming him and it will release you!' he snapped at Pollux, annoyed. And after a few seconds Pollux finally managed to breathe in that desperate breath of air he needed.

'You cannot honestly expect me to believe that the great Albus Dumbledore is not who we all believe him to be!' protested Francis. 'He defeated Grindelwald! He turned down the offer to become Minister, because he believed it would give him too much power!' he continued in his rant of disbelief. Fleamont patiently listened, 'I know it's hard to swallow but it is the truth!' 'Says who!?' he shouted at him. 'Says the facts, says the pattern and so says one of the greatest magical historians who grew up alongside the Dumbledore's!' Fleamont finished sending Francis a pitiful look his way. 'I was duped as well my friend, believe me. Don't let his ruse continue to dupe you!' Francis sat back down in his chair defeatedly, 'But who do we put our hope in now? If not in Dumbledore...' he whispered out hopelessly. Fleamont reached over and put a comforting hand on his shoulder, 'Ourselves and one another. We must protect our children, we must do the right thing... I am asking you to help me. Help me keep our families safe!' Fleamont pleaded. 'We all know the war is coming, and fast. I cannot do this alone.' Francis sat there and pondered over everything in his head, silently. Fleamont removed his hand and waited patiently as he made himself and Francis another cup of tea.