-𝕏𝕏𝕏𝕀𝕀𝕀-

James tossed and turned all night long... He even got up to constantly check the map to make sure she was still there. Everytime he closed his eyes, he'd see one of her horrid memories. So, he tried to think of the good ones. But even they made him worried. Him and his friends hadn't spoken a single word to one another since they returned to their dorm. But like him, he knew they were all still awake, he could hear them tossing and turning as well. It was around two in the morning when Remus sat up in his bed and whispered into the silent room, 'I'm sorry... I - I let you down. I let her down... I - I failed at being your friend, your brother... - ' Sirius suddenly sat up, effectively cutting him off, 'I'm sorry too. It seems we both let the people we care about down... we both failed.' He paused as both Remus and him were wiping their eyes clean of tears and sniffling, 'Prongs - James. I - I want to fix this... but I don't know how. I can't... I can't lose you guys... you're my family.' He finished solemnly. 

James laid there. Silent! As he pondered over Remus and Sirius' words. He let out a long sigh, as he finally slowly sat up in his bed. He was disappointed in them... but he didn't hate them. He could never hate Sirius and Remus, he also believed he could never hate Peter either... but now he wasn't so sure. But Sirius and Remus, no matter how mad he was with them - would always be his brothers in all but blood! 'I can't stop... seeing it all. I'm just so angry a -and disappointed. It wasn't me you failed or let down... it was her. My daughter! She deserved to be loved and cared for and -' He stopped trying to hold back the tears, 'But in your own little ways you still tried. A bit late... but at least she finally had someone. You'll always be my brothers, but right now... I just - need space. Time, to think through all of this.' He then closed his bed curtains and tried his best to fall asleep. Sirius and Remus exchanged glances briefly full of worry, shame and guilt. Peter laid there, amidst the silence... deep in thought. Silent tears streamed down his face. Was he still considered a brother? How can he fix what his future self had done?

Morning came and they all silently got ready for the day. Ignoring the curious or questioning glances from the other students, they made their way to breakfast keeping distance between one another. By habit they all sat down in their usual spots, before realization dawned on them and they quickly separated, awkwardly. When Ara walked into the Great Hall, the four Gryffindors and four Slytherins, immediately whipped their heads to look at her - causing her to come to a sudden stop. Her gaze went to the Slytherins before switching to Remus, then to Sirius before landing on him, with a confused look on her face. She slowly made her way over to him before taking a seat and whispering quietly, 'Why... are you three sitting apart?' James quickly glanced at Sirius and Remus before looking back at her and whispering, 'We're um... still processing things. Giving each other a little... space, to do so.' 'Oh.' She whispered back with a guilty expression.

James gently nudged her with his arm and sent her a little smile, 'Don't worry. They're still my brothers in all but blood.' This seemed to cheer her up a little, as she smiled back at him with a little head nod. Though her smile fell as she looked to be struggling with what she was about to say, 'I um... now that you guys know, I don't have to worry about you guys and the whole map thing. So, I - Tonight after dinner I'll be gone for a little bit.' He quickly panicked and went to say something but she quickly cut him off 'I'll be back! I promised not to run away and I'm not going to. I just... tonight I'm going to get the ring.' 'W-What if you get hurt or -' 'I'll be fine. Don't worry, I've done it once before, and he hasn't met the big snake yet, so it'll be a lot easier.' The big snake not being there, helped calm a little of his fears but... not by much. Though, he still stiffly nodded back. He needed to really find some loophole in the vow he made, though for some reason the very thought made him feel a prickle of fear on the back of his neck.

All day he struggled to focus in class, worried about when the time came and she'd leave. Then their last class of the day came. Transfiguration with the "Puffs". Sirius and Remus kept exchanging worried glances, which they then directed towards him all day. But it seemed they finally had enough. Sirius plopped himself into the seat next to him, disregarding the whole space thing they've been doing all day. 'What's a matter with you? All day you looked as if you walked in on your parents doing it or something.' Sirius whispered to him. He was chewing his bottom lip nervously and tapping his foot repeatedly before he couldn't take it anymore, 'Ara's leaving to go get the ring. Tonight after dinner. And I'm losing my shit with worry!' Sirius instantly paled and went wide eyed, only for them to both flinch in surprise by McGonagall clearing her throat at their desks 'Is my teaching, interrupting you boys?' She asked sternly, giving them a sharp look. They both silently shook their heads in response.

James, Sirius and Remus, bolted down their dinners as fast as possible, before storming into their dorms and taking out the map. The three sat on James bed as they watched Ara slowly make her way to the one eyed witch statue, fear and worry spreading within. 'This is ridiculous!' Spat Sirius, 'We should just follow her and help.' He quickly got up to go after her, but found that he couldn't. In fact he couldn't take a single step forward, 'Guys!? What's happening!? I can't move!!!' He panicked. 'The vow...' Whispered Remus, 'It must be the vow! We swore not to interfere with her purpose. I think it's literally preventing you from doing so!' 'Well! How long am I gonna be stuck like this!!?' Remus tilted his head in thought, 'Do you still feel like going after her?' 'Yes!' Remus raised his brow at him, before realization seemed to dawn on him, 'Oh.' He said sheepishly. After a moment he was suddenly unstuck and fell on his face. 'Bloody hell!' Sirius mumbled as the other two snorted at his misery.