-𝕏𝕃𝕍𝕀-

'Shh! Quiet or we'll get caught!' Sirius harshly whispered. 'Well it's not my fault! I don't have experience traveling under some invisibility cloak, unlike you!' Regulus whispered back, annoyed. 'If we're to get into the restricted section, we can't be caught! So straighten up and be quiet!' Sirius whispered, giving Regulus the side eye. The two annoyed brothers silently continued on their way to the library, occasionally stepping on the other's foot. Finally the two made it to the restricted section's gates, where Sirius then picked the lock the muggle way. 'What are we looking for exactly?' Sirius whispered. 'Anything that has information on Death...' Regulus mumbled. 'Death? Reggie, I think I misheard you...' 'No, you heard me.' Sirius stopped walking and turned to look at Regulus, baffled. 'Why....?' 'Isn't it obvious? Ara made the deal with Death, so if there was any possible way in saving her, we're gonna have to talk to Death!' Regulus stated, matter of factly.

Sirius stood there blinking as he tried to process what he just heard. 'That's your guys' plan!? Talk to Death!?' Regulus nodded with an expression that clearly said "Duh!", 'Unless you've got a better idea!' he added. Sirius immediately clamped his mouth shut. 'Well?' questioned Regulus. Sirius rolled his eyes and turned to immediately start scouring the shelves. It felt like they were there for hours.. Searching for anything, something! But they got nothing. Sirius growled annoyed, 'This is impossible!' slamming the book he had shut. 'There's gotta be something!' Regulus whispered under his breath, frustrated. They went down another floor of the restricted section, and once again began the search. Another hour later, 'Tempus' whispered Sirius, checking the time. He dropped his head on the current book he was scouring through. 'Reggie... it's midnight... We gotta go...' he lazily mumbled out. Silence. Sirius lifted his head and looked around him, where the bloody hell is he?

Sirius got out of his chair and made his way to where he last saw Regulus. 'Reggie..?' he whisper shouted, 'Where are you?' He started to move a bit quicker looking for his brother, but ended up tripping on some books sprawled out across the floor. Sirius reached out to grab hold of anything to prevent his fall, clamping onto a sconce. The sconce tilted and a part of the wall in front of him parted open, revealing a secret room. Sirius tumbled and landed face first inside, 'Oof!' 'Sirius?' Regulus suddenly questioned, confused. Sirius raised his head and saw Regulus right in front of him, sitting on the floor scouring through a big black leather book. 'That hurt...' he mumbled out. Regulus raised his brow, fighting off a smirk. 'I found it!' he suddenly announced. Sirius immediately pulled himself up and crawled towards Regulus to look at the book. 'I can't read it...' he mumbled out disappointedly. Regulus snorted, 'Of course not! It's in another language.' 'Then how do you know -' 'Because of that!' Regulus stated pointing to a random jumble of words at the bottom of the page. Sirius squinted as he tried to read it, Regulus rolled his eyes annoyed, 'It says Thanatos! It's gotta have some type of information! That's who Ara made us swear the vow on....Death!'

Sirius paled, 'Thanatos is Death!? That's who we swore a vow on!? Death was who was preventing me from helping Ara!' Sirius ranted. Regulus nodded, 'Yup! Though we didn't know it was Death at the time we swore the vow..., it wasn't until we began our search that we learned that one of his names is Thanatos.' mumbled Regulus. 'Really should have pieced that together.' he added in a whisper under his breath. 'Bloody hell!' whispered Sirius, getting the chills. 'Let's go, I gotta get the cloak back before James realizes it's gone.' he whispered. 'You mean you took it without asking?' Regulus asked bewildered. 'Well, yes. Normally he'd let me use it but I'd have to tell him what for... In this case, I rather we find a way to save Ara before he ever finds out.' Sirius mumbled as they both got to their feet. 'Makes sense...' Regulus answered as they got under the cloak once again. 'Now let's go!' Sirius whispered.

After dropping Regulus and the book off at the Slytherin common room entrance, Sirius made his way as quickly and silently as possible back to Gryffindor tower. He only had to briefly stop as Barty passed him wearing some mad goofy grin and was all red in the face, did someone dose him with something? Finally he made it back to the common room, though when he came bursting in he didn't expect to immediately collide into James. 'Ow! Bloody hell! Ara wait -' But James' call fell on deaf ears as she immediately ran off to her dorm. Sirius raised his head as the cloak slid off, 'What'd I miss?' he questioned, bewildered. James shot him a glare before sighing, 'I walked out to find Ara and Barty... kissing...' he mumbled out. 'WHAT!?' Sirius bellowed out. James whacked him on the head, 'I'm right here! No need to shout!' Sirius grimaced apologetically, 'I know the perfect spot to hide his body in the -' 'Sirius, we're not gonna murder Barty.' 'But-' 'No!' James let out a frustrated sigh, 'I already messed up with being too overprotective and weird... What if she never talks to me again? What if she finally runs off? What if -' 'Prongs! Relax! Just let her cool down and you guys can talk tomorrow, it'll be fine.' Sirius reassured him, cutting off his spiraling rant.

'Did you figure out what language it's in yet Lucius?' questioned Regulus as he dragged a smiling Barty alongside him. 'No, but I think I know someone - What's the matter with him?' Lucius questioned, eyeing Barty bewildered. Barty, who immediately sprawled out on his bed beaming like a loon, stated happily, 'We kissed!' Severus choked on air rapidly glancing from Regulus to Barty in shock, Lucius dropped the book in his hands before sputtering out, 'B-beg your pardon?' Regulus glared at both Severus and Lucius before promptly rebuking, 'Not me you idiots! Him and Ara.' Severus and Lucius both swiveled their gazes back to Barty. 'Yeah, that makes more sense...' Severus mumbled, as Lucius glared at Barty full of envy. Regulus rolled his eyes at Lucius, amused, before promptly whacking him on the head, 'You were saying?' Lucius shifted his glare to Regulus as he rubbed the spot that he hit, 'Huh?' 'The book!' 'Oh, right. I -' Barty quickly cut him off with a confused expression, 'What book?' 'While you were busy kissing, me and Sirius snuck into the restricted section and found this book.' he answered while pointing to the book, Lucius picked back up. 'I believe it might have some information on Death, only it's in a different language...' 'As I was saying, I don't know what language it is in but I believe I know someone who will.' Lucius finished looking a bit grimly. 'Who?' asked Barty. Lucius took a deep breath before releasing it, 'My father.'

A sudden tapping noise brought Sirius out of his sleep. Reluctantly sitting up and squinting amidst the dark room, he looked for the source of the annoying tapping. *Tap Tap* He quickly looked to his left and fell backwards out of his bed in surprise. He had made eye contact with an owl outside the window, but worst of all... it was what the owl had that scared him. A letter with the Black family wax seal on it. Slowly standing to his feet and making his way to the window, regretfully opening it to grab the letter. The owl nipped him before taking flight with another letter, assumedly for Regulus, Sirius stared in anxious disgust at the letter before him. What could she possibly berate him about now? Why would she even send a letter at this time? She must be drunk again... 'Are you gonna open it?' A voice suddenly spoke up from his right, scaring the absolute shite out of him. 'Bloody hell! Moony don't do that!' he whisper shouted amongst the darkness. 'Sorry...' Remus whispered back. Sirius nodded slightly before slowly peeling open the letter. His eyes got wider and wider as he read the letter, he even reread it just to make sure he wasn't imagining the words on the parchment. 'Well?' questioned Remus. Sirius lifted his head and looked towards Remus, 'My mother's in a permanent slumber.'