Chapter 11: Hugs and Crushes

I went away to a corner in order to recollect myself after hearing everything she said. I am not hurt on the fact that she called me an whore but on the fact that women still do that just to bring other women down, they still don't hesitate in saying something so huge just because they are blinded by money and power. Unknowingly, a few tears left my eyes and I just couldn't control them.

"What happened, Nysa?" I heard Aryan calling out my name.

"Nothing" I wiped my tears so that he doesn't have to see me even a bit vulnerable. I can't show my weaknesses to a person who I've just met a few days ago. He's a good friend but I just can't.

"You were crying?" He asked in a worried tone.

"No, I was not, I don't cry over things." I smiled or atleast tried to.

"Its totally fine to cry, yk? Everyone can cry. You can cry if you want to, I am here for you yk that, right?" He said in the sweetest tone.

"I know, I just, I just can't believe that women still do that. I don't care if she called me terms or something, its just it doesn't settle well with me, idk why I am behaving like that. I am probably looking like an overdramatic ass who cries over the littlest of things." A few more tears left my eyes.

"No, you're not. Who cares what others think? You believe in yourself. Your friends love you, you know you're right and that's all the support you need."

"Thankyou, thankyou so much."

"Its totally fine, now shall we go?"

"Can I hug you, please? I could really use that. I wouldn't have asked you if Any was-

He immediately hugged me and its like I got everything I wanted in my life. The warmth, the comfort I always lacked was here. I hugged him tight and he tried to hug me tighter probably so that I don't feel I am making him uncomfortable.

"Its fine Nysa, I am here, you're going to be alright. She should be ashamed not the other way around. Now, shh." He hugged me more tightly.

After few minutes, I broke the hug.
"Thankyou very much. I am not a hugger and I hate hugs but at times like this, I could really use hugs. Any is always there to hug me considering that she love giving hugs." I chuckled remembering all the times she hugged me forcefully.

"I can understand. I am happy that I could help you now shall we go? Any and Anirudh might be waiting for us."

"Yeah, lets go." Our way was silent but it was not awkward, it was comfortable.

"Bitch? Where were you?" Any came running towards me as soon as she spotted me.

"I was just there." I said pointing.

"You cried, didn't you?" She asked me knowing exactly what I did.
She instantly hugged me and I hugged her back, I needed this very much, this friend's hug. No matter what's wrong in my life, her hug can solve half of my issues because its an assurance that no matter what happens we'll always end up together as friends.

"I brought your favourite icecream."

"Really??"

"Yeah, Anirudh can you bring it?"
He came towards me and handed me the icecream but before that he hugged me too.

"You're okay, right?"

"I didn't want it to happen infront of everybody, I swear. She literally dragged me out of the cafeteria, I am sorry."

"Its not your fault but who is she anyway?" And he looked at me like I asked some illegal question.

Aryan came behind me, put his hand around my shoulder and said while chuckling"his chick".
I narrowed my eyes at the new information.

"But I've never seen him with her?" I asked confused.

"That's because she just roams around him and because apparently she doesn't look so bad, this bastard flirts with her, its common for him yk."

Anirudh laughed nervously and looked at me and Any. "I didn't expect you to be a playboy."

"I am not a playboy!!! Its just harmless flirtation I do, its not serious, believe me!" He said trying to defend himself.

"Fine and its your thing, do it if you like it, I am not going to judge you on that." I said trying to hide all the judgements I did in my head on him.

"So, lets go now? We'll drop you at your apartment." Asked Aryan.

"Yeah, let's go." I said grinning at him. I knew he was a good friend.
He didn't shift his hand, it was in the same position. He even asked me to drive his car trying to amend his mistake.

Me being me said "Why not?" And I immediately ran to driver's seat. He sat beside me and Anirudh and Any were at the back.

After regular chit chats, we came to our apartment and we bid goodbye but before that Aryan came running and told us "Its Anirudh's birthday in two days, I've planned a party in my apartment, you guys need to come. I'll text you guys the info. Tell Vanya and Rai too."

"Oh, really? I am so excited now." We, me and Any both exclaimed excitedly. We're always up for a party.

"Good night and take care now, bye" he bid us goodbye and we returned the gesture.

"I need to buy a gift for him. What do you think he'll like?" I asked Any while climbing the stairs.

"He's your brother, you should know." She ignored me and went ahead.

"What happened, Any?" I ran behind her.

"Nothing happened, you just make me feel like I am third-wheeling between you guys. You continuously whisper in each other's ears and that just makes me feel like a dumbo."

"Dumbo toh you are. I do that because I know you like Anirudh."

"I don't."

"Yes, you do. I know you won't accept it but you do have a crush on him and you won't even deny if tomorrow, he asks you to be his girlfriend, I know that. He's a good man, amazing friend tbh but I do think that he won't ever be committed seeing his flirty personality and I don't want it for you. I don't say it out loud but you're a gem, Any and we three won't like if you get hurt by any means because maybe he's my good friend but it won't take me seconds to withdraw it if he hurts you deliberately or not. You need a boyfriend because you crave love and warmth and support, and maybe I am wrong, Anirudh is capable of giving that but will he able to give it to you? Until and unless I am not clear of what he really wants in his life and what are his wants in a relationship, I am not going to let you indulge in it neither the girls would like it."

"Okay, mother, I'll keep it in mind but I do think he is attracted to me." She said winking at me.

"There's a difference between attraction and affection. Attraction lasts only a few days but affection lasts longer than ever and you need that. Baaki jitne crush banana hai bana mera kya, mera toh waise bhi bhai hai woh, mujhe toh bhabhi mil jayegi." I said playfully. (Make as much as crushes you want, he's my brother anyway, I'll get a sister-in-law at the end then.")

"YOU!" She started beating me.

"Okay okay, I am sorry but now that I know you like him even a bit, itni aasani se nhi chhodungi." I said laughing while jingling my thumb at her.

"Dekhte hai, kab tak kar payegi, mere pass bhi hai ek ladka chidaane ke liye." She said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Who?"

"Your new friend, ARYAN."

"I don't like him like that, agree or not." I said while rolling my eyes and I went into my bedroom remembering the moment he held me closer to him and simply just hugged me. That was the best hug I've ever recieved. I won't mind if I get more in future *smirks*.

____________________________________

A few more chapters and you all will find everything cute.

Vote, comment and share! I swear you would fell in love with them!