Chapter 13: Ani's Birthday

ARYAN

I felt empty as soon as she withdrew herself from the hug. I can't understand this feeling but I just can't stand far away from her. I need to have her in my arms, its like that's the only place she belongs to. I wish I had a name for this feeling.

"Yeh pehla pehla pyaar hai TERA" I could hear the girls shouting at Nysa and that's probably because she just hugged me despite her being not a hugger. I chuckled at their teasing and we went on all the places there on today's list.

"What should I gift him, tell me. Its been what? 12 hours to that conversation, tell me already now." Nysa came beside me and asked.

"You know he never told you about what he feels for you but since you've become his bestfriend, he tells me everyday about what he thinks about your relationship. Want to know?"

"Yes ig?" She asked nervously.

"You're the first girl who came to him for becoming friends, yk that already, right? He always wanted a girl bestfriend yk. He always asked me to be a girl instead so that he could get one but guess, he loves me too much to let me go too. He doesn't say much and you'll always find him flirting here and there and fyi, its his coping mechanism with things. He's rich and handsome and everything basically a girl wants and everyone always came after him because of that, he never got anything genuine, people sugarcoated things infront of him but he was better than that, he always knew what was right for him and he knew the right people. He got mature before his age and that is something which I have seen, he had it in high intensity. So, all he finds in his friends is genuineness and something he can keep as a memory, something he'll always cherish so if you got the idea for the gift."

"Yea-yeah, I got the idea." She said tearing up. She really loves him ig. I hugged her first this time and didn't say anything to her.

We broke the hug and then she said "waise tumhare peeche ladkiyan nhi thi kya? Ameer toh tum bhi ho aur bure toh bilkul nhi dikhte! Kya reason hai?" She teased me wiggling her eyebrows. (By the way, girls weren't after you? You are rich too and you too don't look so bad.")

"Maine apne aap ko bachake rakha tha tumhare liye" I said teasingly but I felt hundreds of butterflies in my stomach. Why does saying all this feels so right?

"Nice flirting skills, Anirudh acchi classes de raha hai." She said laughing and then went ahead with others.

TWO DAYS LATER

"Happy Birthday Anirudhhhh!" I went to him and hugged him.

"Thankyou bro!" He replied back. It was 12 so we were so sleepy that we quickly went into our rooms and slept.

College's going to be fun. We woke up at 8 am and we were again late. We quickly got ready and went to college. I treated Anirudh with morning breakfast by ordering him his favourite croissants and hot chocolate because I cannot cook, that's one thing I need to learn. We literally ran to our car and I drove it at 100. We entered the college where Nysa and Vanya were waiting with cotton candies and chocolates in their hands.

Anirudh grinned at them and quickly took those treats from them.

"Happy Birthday Aniiiiiiiii" Nysa shouted and Anirudh hugged her tightly. Vanya greeted him too and they both hugged each other.

"Where are Any and Raina?" I asked them.

"You can't live without Any, can you?" Nysa mocked me.

"I can't." I teased her. Ofcourse, she's my bestfriend, I need to meet her too.

"There she is." Vanya pointed at Any and there she was coming in all glory. She came to me and hugged me. She and her never ending hugs.

"Happy Birthday Anirudh." She said sassily while putting her hand over my shoulder.