Chapter 49: Still With You

ARYAN

My heart is filled with happiness again. The moment I crashed my lips onto hers, I knew I had everything back on track.

Not a single day went by that I didn't see her cry. It managed to bring tears in my eyes every fucking time because how can I be at peace when the woman who's my soulmate cries her eyes out.

I took up boxing and seems like it became my coping mechanism to get rid of the rage and anxiety the differences between us caused me.

She did everything and when I say it, I mean it. She bought me my tbr psychological thriller books, she took me on dates like 10 times telling me everything to anything about her day, made me food everyday and cuddled me to sleep giving me the warmth my brain couldn't ask for.

My love for this woman just increased and I figured it last week that I wasn't angry at her anymore. I wasn't mad at her and I trusted her more than before.

I understood that it was her insecurities speaking this time and although I wouldn't have questioned her if I was in her place, I do regard her reaction to be fair enough considering her overthinking mind.

"Kaha kho gaye?" Came her voice breaking my line of thoughts and I averted my gaze to her from my phone.

"Phone mein kho gaya tha." I said and she rolled her eyes pulling her sweatshirt on.

"Thand nhi lag rahi tumhe?" She asked and I picked up my jacket wearing it quickly.

"Chale ab?" I asked smiling at her and she nodded her head hugging my arm.

"I wish Rai and V were here." She said and I chuckled.

"Bro's getting married in 9 months. I can't believe it!" I said excitedly.

"Sad it is." She murmured but I heard it all clear.

"Why is it sad?" I asked curiously.

"Arrange marriages are sad. Imagine the thought of spending your life with a total stranger, to me that's not a very good idea personally." She explained.

"I am not sure if I think the same. With enough understanding and trust, that one relationship can be the most beautiful one for those two people." I said and she scoffed.

"Like you're so experienced huh?" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"My parents had an arrange marriage." I said and her eyes came out of her sockets.

"NO. REALLY? I MEAN, NO. THAT ISN'T TRUE." She shouted standing infront of me and I chuckled at her astonishment.

"That is true and trust me, I was equally surprised when I got to know that like 14 years ago." I said recalling the times when we all five used to have these round table conversations.

"They are so in love and I really thought it was a love marriage." She said covering her mouth with her palms in surprise.

"They fell in love so hard within a year and though they had me within next year." I laughed and she laughed out loud scrunching her nose.

"So yeah, arrange marriages may turn out prettier than you imagine. Just hope that Rai gets that with Ruhaan." I said walking along with her to my car.

"But we're already so lucky, aren't we?" She asked sitting in the car and I nodded my head moving closer to her face.

"Spending my whole life with you has never seemed a more better idea." I said pecking her lips and her face beamed glowing under the sunlight.

"I'll want to get married by 28, note it down." She said and I chuckling acting like I did note it down.