Chapter 45: Farewell

ARYAN

Vihaan and V are leaving today in the morning and their parents have also arrived to see them off.

All of us have a foul mood today but nothing's in our hands and all we can do is support them wherever they go.

It's 7 am and we are already at the airport with tonnes of their luggage while both of them are stuck to each other and its obvious, they are probably not gonna meet for the next 2 years.

And as much as I know that no matter whatever people say, long distance is never easy although there's literally no time difference between the two countries and it's nearly just 1000 kms away but their busy lives would determine everything between them and I so hope they work out well.

It was time for V's boarding so we took a final glance at each other when I saw a few tears escaping V's eyes at the prospect of going away from everyone.

In my three years with her, I've never seen her cry but when the distance is approximately 6500 km, it's natural to act like this.

I hugged Vihaan and he gave me his small smile patting my back.

I tried to punch him but he backed off like everytime else letting out a chuckle.

The three girls gave V a big group hug and she laughed while tears still flowed from her eyes.

I looked at her parents and they had proud smiles on their faces with tears brimming in their eyes too.

After bidding bye to everyone, me and Anirudh hugged her tight and she gave us her appreciative smile.

"I am gonna miss you guys!" She said and we both grinned widely at her.

"I am gonna miss you too V!" We said in unison and she cracked out a laugh finally going to her Vihaan.

He looked at her with a warm smile and she hugged him tightly letting her final tears fall which made him pick her up and swirl around but she sobbed louder and I saw girls nearly crying for their friends.

I walked to Nysa and she side hugged me to which I caressed her back and even Rai hugged her from side feeling so emotional all of a sudden.

It was just ten minutes after when V left with a small smile on her face and everyone bid her a goodbye and safe journey supporting her in everything she's gonna achieve abroad.

Vihaan boarded too within an hour and my mind recalled all the time we spent together pulling each other's leg, sharing secrets, talking about life and how it was always so comfortable around him.

We all came back to our apartments and their parents left for their cities too soon after they boarded.

It felt different all of a sudden and my mind thought that how I wish I could back in time, not because I wanted to change anything, just because I wanted to feel few things twice.

We didn't even realise the time that went by and I toh never appreciated it but now that I am thinking about it, all of it made me think that how time's never gonna stop for anyone and all we can do is appreciate everything we have right now.

Days passed and while initial days were different than before, we all got used to it and got back to our jobs and lives.

Me and Anirudh always managed to talk everyday at night after coming back from our companies and most of the days, we were joined by Nysa, Any and Rai.