Chapter 47: Efforts

ARYAN

My life is a mess right now.

Work? Sucks.

My favourite relationship? Sucks.

Last two days did really something to my brain as I can't think of anything that could solve all my problems.

All I could think is how she never trusted me fully to even start with. How my efforts were never enough for her to know that I love her more than anything.

I fired Riddhima the moment her call came last night because I can't deal with her interference in my personal life nor her incompatibility with the company which I am going to own and operate one day.

Well, my personal reasons must have over powered my professional reasons but all her activities and tactics are directly against the company's rules and policies.

I came in our room to take a shower and to stop the fucking lone tear that fell off my eyes.

I haven't cried in 2 years since the time everything got sorted between me and Ayaan but today, all I can do is find ways of how to forgive the only woman I ever loved.

Finding ways is easy but forgiving is way more tough.

"Aryan?" I heard her voice again knocking on the bathroom door but I don't care.

She can shout, scream, bash the door and I still won't give a fuck to anything right now.

I took a shower and came out to see her crying sitting on the bed covering her face with her palms.

My arms ached to take her in a hug and wipe all her tears away but my mind saw less of it and I came out taking my duvet and pillow to sleep on the couch.

I heard her footsteps following me and her light sobs. Its breaking my heart every second seeing her cry so much feeling guilty about everything but the hurt she caused me is far more than what she's feeling right now.

I am not measuring the pain but I've been hurt too much to think about what's going on in her mind.

I laid on the couch and as much as it hurts my back a little, I can't risk sleeping close to Nysa when just her one embrace will make me crumble up my walls.

I closed my eyes after taking a glance at her standing figure in the kitchen.

My mind was consumed with everything when I felt a weight on top of me and just as I opened my eyes, she hugged me tightly soaking my shirt with her tears.

I don't care about my wet shirt, what I care most about is her crying continuously.

"Nysa-" before I could say something, she cut me off.

"Please let me just hug you in sleep. I swear if you don't want to talk to me, don't but please, just give me this." She said and her voice broke with every word.

"Nysa-"

"Please, Aryan." She said looking at me with her tearful eyes.

It pulled the last string I was holding before wrapping my arms around her.

My gut hated it, my brain hated it but I wish I had a better explanation for my heart too.

I picked her up and moved inside our room but all she did was bury her face in my chest and cry out loud.

I laid us on the bed and she clutched tightly to my tshirt hugging me tight like I'll go away.

"I don't like you Nysa." I said having a sigh before hesitantly hugging her back.